Gay marriage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If two people love each other regardless if gender so what! A friend of ours is gay and she's getting married next summer and I'll be so excited for her. Unfortunately her mum is against it and has said she will disown her if she ever brings children into the relationship. I find that incredibly sad having a daughter myself - I would stand by my her if it was me and if she's happy then surely thats all that matters plus I'd be proud of her for bring true to herself. I think as long as a child has loving parents what does it matter what sex or gender they are.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok so what is normal then?

Normal to my family is man and woman. Not two of the same.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was raised by two men yet i was never bullied or mocked for it?

I had a happy childhood, i was supported and loved and valued and i wouldnt change it for anything. My dad and father bave been together for 30odd years in a commited relationship, they had me through a surrogot mother aftrr months of planning and deciding that they definetly wanted a child.

Yet there are thousands of unwanted children born every year by same aex couples having unprotected sex for the sake of it, at least i know i was wanted.

Like i said, theyve been together for over 30years so if they want to get married why shouldnt they be able to?

The funny thing is its soo easy to get a divorce i think marriage has lost its sacricy and it no longer special, anyone can get married and divorced, look at kim kardashian, 72days married and it was legal yet neil patrick harrison has been with his parter for over ten years yet its illegal? Doesnt make sense to me xxx

Okay my views might be old fashioned but I cannot help the way I am. There are a lot of views that I have been raised with that are so ingrained that I would find it hard to change.

I am not going to shout at them nor would I confront them. I just dissagree with it. Its like if my daughter fell in love with a muslim. It would not continue.

I was raised to be this way. My family are not racist, homophobic, or any other category that you will throw at me. They are normal down to earth people. They have opinions and values which society does not have today. Instead we have the PC Brigade.

And we should not judge your views too.
In another fifty years people will look back and be pretty shocked how we thought about this topic.
It will more then likely be normal by then.
But then like some have said what is "normal" anyway :) x

It doesn't affect me so I have no real view. Interesting read though.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Also my friend use to dress up as a girl when he were a little boy and he's straight as a pencil his dad were ******** himself as he thought he were gonna end up gay! Well he's settled down now with a girlfriend and two kids and their getting married in next 2years. I use to get bullied by my sister as I loved to dress up as Marylyn Manson I use to use my mums white foundation and used a pencil to draw around me eyes lol. kids will be kids haha

Last edited by a moderator:

normal[ nawr-muhl ]
adjective
1. conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.
2. serving to establish a standard.
3. Psychology
a. approximately average in any psychological trait, as intelligence, personality, or emotional adjustment.
b. free from any mental disorder; sane.

Also my friend use to dress up as a girl when he were a little boy and he's straight as a pencil his dad were ******** himself as he thought he were gonna end up gay! Well he's settled down now with a girlfriend and two kids and their getting married in next 2years. I use to get bullied by my sister as I loved to dress up as Marylyn Manson I use to use my mums white foundation and used a pencil to draw around me eyes lol. kids will be kids haha

Ha ha....It extends from children dressing up Stevie. Now men wearing bright red nail polish I do have a view on. Probably best left unsaid on this thread mind you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand tolerance of others opinions, I also understand freedom of speech, but what I cannot comprehend is anybody disliking someone else or thinking someone is abnormal because of who they love- LOVE being the operative word here.

Where do you draw the line? Eg. Someone day in day out says hateful and hurtful things about the colour of my mums hair to her, does she accept that because it's their right to freedom of speech? A silly example I grant you, but none the less valid.

If my son came to me spouting about how he thought that the gay community or gay marriage was not normal or right, would I just say oh well that's just him exercising his freedom of speech or that's just his opinion and tolerate it? No I wouldn't. I'd sit him down, ask him firstly why he thought that and explain about love, relationships, diversity and equality. The fact is homophobia is not acceptable, regardless of how it was in years gone by (and it still wasn't acceptable back then).

I do accept and respect someone's opinion and their right to freedom of speech, but not to the detriment of another human being.

normal[ nawr-muhl ]
adjective
1. conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.
2. serving to establish a standard.
3. Psychology
a. approximately average in any psychological trait, as intelligence, personality, or emotional adjustment.
b. free from any mental disorder; sane.

Well I'm definitely not "normal" 😱 x

I think it's amazing for loving adult couples.

Grew up in a Christian home. I love me some Jesus. Remember in the Bible how accepting Jesus was of nearly everyone. He was selfless. My personal feeling is G*d has way more to deal with than a grown couple loving and caring for each other.

Many of my lesbian friends who are couples are way less showy than heteros who seem to sometimes have to always prove something.

(Cramming everything into one thread. But the "N" word here in the States is out of hand. So blacks can use it, but whites can't. It should be no one can use it. Many white young guys grow up in black culture. To them they hang with their friends and it's a normal word. It's not an insult to many young black and white boys here. They don't even know the history behind it. Yet if they use it, they are racist while their black best friend isn't. Shouldn't be used by anyone.)

Exactly! Jesus thinks everybody is great! And God made us so the religion excuse is pathetic; I'd like it know where it says people shouldn't be gay.

In terms of the N word; like most things you are only racist if you are white.

Child abuse : it still happens
Slavery: it still happens
Poverty: it still happens
Black people targeting white people: it still happens.... along with millions of other 'unacceptable' things.

Read the Bible. The devil is far greater than God....678 religions and one God? No wonder it causes wars.

I'm happy for this post to be deleted. I don't believe in any of it.

As the vast majority of posts on this thread are preaching tolerance.....maybe we should start to practise what we preach, and tolerate people's views and opinions even though we disagree with them ;)

Actually this view would be classed as hate speach if she were to air them stood on a street corner. She would be found in breach of public order. So no, we shouldn't tolerate it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

So if times have changed, then why haven't our bodies changed to match this time change, is it maybe because we are built this way for a purpose and so maybe, just maybe Lol it defeats the purpose to change this.
So the only things that have changed then are fashion and we changed that.
unless of course we are just waiting for the next bit and maybe you all know something i don't

oh yeah and religion isn't an excuse, its what the subject is all about, gay marraige in church

But according to the teachings of your church, sex outside of marriage or simply for pleasure is a sin, as is divorce.
The church now marries divorces and will baptise children born out of wedlock.
If your church can move on then why cant you?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Interesting discussion but probably time to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back