Geeks Help..... Please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merthemer

Reaction score
I went to my ususal hairdressers yesterday to go red. I had an exact shade in mind and took pics etc. My hair is medium length used to be full head hi lift tint 901 i think its called with some majmeche foils too in it. I had stuck an ashy brown casting on it ( yes i know:() box colour just to tone down the regrowth obviousness a few months ago as i hadnt had my hair done for a 6 months.

The colour i have got is not what i wanted at all and looks black under certain lights, im really pale and i look dead! Its more of a pinky burgundy red and i wanted an a la amy childs bright red.

It took a few goes to get it there had a loreal symbio, then a dialight then another symbio, Have also got another symbio to use at home she gave me.
I love my hairdresser to bits and do trust her totally but is this a case of bad communication or am i not going to get the colour i want in a million years?
Its a bit pointless going back if im never going to get what i want and if so has anyone got any ideas what to do about this blacky/ burgundy hair i have now as its really getting me down. Shall i put the other symbio on it today? will it make it more "red" or just more burgundy
Gahhh Thanks ever so much for reading , any ideas will be appreciated

No one has any advice then:sad:
I have made another appointment to see my hairdresser , just wondering if im expected to pay since it was £90 for something i'm not happy with?

Hi, firstly I'm not a professional , I'm a client. I have tried posting for advice in consumer queries but not had any luck . I had a colour done last week which hasn't come out as I wanted. I did take pictures and thought I had got across what I wanted so I'm not sure if it's just my hair that's misbehaved ! I am rebooked in for a recolour this week and rang the salon the day after I had the first one done to say that I wasn't happy and hated the result . It was also frighteningly expensive ! Will I be expected to pay again to have it redone as money is tight this month and my boyfriend is going to have a fit if I have to take another 100 out of the bank for my hair do!!
Thanks
Lou

Hi if you phoned day after having it done then I find it unlikely that they should charge you again. I personally offer my clients colour redone for free if they are not happy within 24 hours of me doing there hair, I'm not sure how other people work that out. A salon I used to work at also offered the same as me. Depends on the salon x

i wouldnt expect you to pay again but to save any embarrassment to you or stylist, i would ring and ask

If its a well known high street hair salon naming no names!! That charge that much, then they will make you pay every penny!

My clients have never once said the weren't happy with their colour! Find yourself a new salon too!

If the result that you were after wasn't obtainable with your hair or needed more that one visit to give you the finished look then the stylist should have made you aware of it during consultation. If you were promised your desired style in one visit and you didn't get what you wanted than you should expect a second visit complimentary.

To be fair, without knowing much about your hair/what you had done/colour etc. Although it may seem unfair I think you should pay. It seems in line with the sales and goods act. If you had mentioned it at the time it would be a totally different scenerio, and your stylist may have been more sympathatic. However it may be more work for the stylist......i hope it gets sorted out but be a bit more forthright with your stylists in the future to obtain the desired look your after! xoxo

I defiantly wouldn't expect my client to pay I allow 48 hours after the colour and always tell them to phone if they have any problems! Luckily I never have had to but defiantly wouldn't expect anything especially if you had shown her photos and been very precise about what u wanted, of your hair couldn't achieve the colour she should of known to tell u before hand or done something different as she is the professional! I would just ring and ask to save embarrassment or being charged on the day!

Hi there,

1. When you had your colour done, did you give any indication (before you left the Salon) that you weren't happy with the finished colour?

2. When you rang to complain, did the Salon immediately offer to rectify the situation and book the new appointment? If so, sounds like they are not expecting you to pay.

3. However, from a Salon's perspective, they may believe that they provided you with what you were asking for and that afterwards, you subsequently changed your mind about the colour and now want something different.
If that's the case, they are entitled to charge full price.

4. Therefore, give them a call and clarify the position before you go.
It's probably worth mentioning that you took along a picture to your original appt. and say that the result doesn't match what you were expecting, if that's the case.

Thanks for your replies When i had the colour done it was in the afternoon, it took 3 hours and the place was closing as i was getting finished off! I didnt say anything at the time as A) it was a big change and i always like to give myself time to get used to something and B) under the salon lights it looked a lot lighter than it is in natural light which obviously i didnt see until the next day. Im not sure how much clearer i could have been on what i wanted? I took in pictures which i had collected over the week before of the colour i was aiming for which was a vibrant red. i have ended up with what i would call a burgundy red wine red which is a nice colour but not what i wanted and also i am way way too pale to carry it off succesfully. It actually makes me look dead and just looks like dark brown/black hair until some light gets on it.

I will obviously have to get it sorted as undertakers are following me hopefully ATM:D So will go back and see what they say, if they charge me i guess i will just have to pay it then find another salon pronto

no no no, dont pay, you have aready paid to have bright red hair and if the salon couldnt achieve that then its up to them at their cost to put it right!!! was your hair coloured before? did they do a strand test and show u the result? If u buy a top with a hole in it and dont see it until u get home u dont buy another one u get an exchange!!!! x

You shouldn't have to repay, the salon should be happy to fix or adjust your colour accordingly and shoud make you feel comfortable and welcome. I'd go out of my way for an unhappy client, if it was the result they were unhappy with or even if they felt they were not looked after and had a bad experience.

Its out job to please our clients and occasionally we can misinterpret what people ask for or maybe what they expect to achieve isn't achievable but as professionals it our job to explain that.

Don't feel embarrassed about going back in, Just explain how you feel, if your asked to pay I would question it as I don't think that is reasonable.

Good luck

No you Definately shouldn't pay if you have been clear on what you wanted. If it was unachievable the stylist should have explained so!! If it was my salon it would be complimentary

i agree with the other stylists, if your colour was not achievable this should have been made really clear to you as we cant always get the aim colour 1st time depending on whats been on the hair and condition etc, but you should have been told and if its a case of yea no probs we can do that for you today and its not what you asked for they should correct this for you at no extra charge,

def phone them and ask to speak to the stylist who done it and find out if they are expecting you to pay and if the can actually give you the colour you want.

good luck and wear extra bronzer til you get it sorted:p

I will obviously have to get it sorted as undertakers are following me hopefully ATM:D

Perhaps you could apply for work as an extra in Shaun of the dead 2? :D

Good luck with getting the colour rectified to a brighter red. Mind you, if it's quite dark at the moment, they're probably going to have to lift the current tint to achieve this.

You could ask them over the phone what they intend to do and check back here before going ahead with another service.

bit late i know but if i was you i would take in a pic of the colouf of hair you wanted and explain nicely thats what you wanted and your not happy with thd result and see what she says thats best thing to do .. some times it mistakes can happen if its a missed communication as sometimes it hard to tell what a client wants just by explaing as your idea in your head might be far from diffrent to what they are imagining by your discription.. best advice is always take a photo of the colour or style you want x

Latest posts

Back