gel has made my hands blister

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

softpeach

Reaction score
hi geeks... i feel so low to day,:cry: i currently use the nsi balance gels and i love them there ace but!!! they make my hands blister and Itch like made and to make sure its not any think else i use, i have gave my hands a rest for a month and the blisters cleared up, so i thought last night i would do a set on myself and all seemed fine until i woke this morning with blisters on the palm of my hands, and they Itch like mad. :cry: so i know its the dust from the gels that upsets me, i know i can use gloves when i do clients but i do enjoy doing my own nails :lol: has any other geeks had the same problem and what did you do ...
is there a another gel i can try or does this mean i have to part with my money and pay to have my own nails done :cry: any advice would help xxx

Have you overexposed yourself to the gel at some point or is it all due to the dust?

its just the dust :cry:

There's an ingredient in the gel that you're allergic to, the only way you'll be able to find out if there are other gels you could use is by having allery tests.
Brisa gel is hypoallergenic, it doesn't contain acrylates, gluteraldehyde or formaldehyde, those 3 ingredients are well known irritants.

i have seen many threads regarding brisa, where is the best place to obtain a trial pack, would love to give that a try :) many thanks x

i have seen many threads regarding brisa, where is the best place to obtain a trial pack, would love to give that a try :) many thanks x
They don't do trial packs as far as I know... it has to be cured using the Brisa lamp so the best way to try it would be either going to a local salon to have a test nail, going to see a local Geek to have a test nail done or going to a show and having a demo.

thanks for the advice ... will try to find a salon and have a test nail done or like you said a geek :lol: I'm sure a geek would understand only having 1 nail done x

Balance UV Gel is described as a hypoallergenic product too. I don't know the main ingredients.... u will have to dig around and find that out for yourself. How much dust are you creating? are you leaning in the dust? I find my hands get quite hot and clammy and dust sticks to it, so I try to keep them extra dry and cool... and this helps. That itching feeling is horrible isn't it ... keeps you awake! There have been A LOT of threads on this subject.. have a read if you get a chance. xx

thanks for the links sandi ... and cheers for all the advice everyone :lol: i think my problem is when i file my own nails i turn my hand to wards me and file if that makes sense, and the dust sits in the palm and that leads to the itching in palm and up the thumb, :cry: need to spend today reading the links and comparing the ingredients in the different gels xx

Balance UV Gel is described as a hypoallergenic product too. I don't know the main ingredients.... u will have to dig around and find that out for yourself. How much dust are you creating? are you leaning in the dust? I find my hands get quite hot and clammy and dust sticks to it, so I try to keep them extra dry and cool... and this helps. That itching feeling is horrible isn't it ... keeps you awake! There have been A LOT of threads on this subject.. have a read if you get a chance. xx
If your getting itching are you getting blisters too.
I have never had any itching with any of the gels I use -
brisa
bio
calgel

yes i do get blisters ... i have a cluster of them below my thumb and on the palm ... the blisters look like they are full of water and they are tiny tiny and its them that cause my hands to take weeks to heal :cry:

Jackie... yes I did used to get a horrible reaction to l&p with blisters and itching so I do know how it feels and what it looks like. I left l&p well alone until my hands healed up completely (a very long time). Then wore gloves. I have (only just) stopped wearing gloves - was scared that I would again, react... but I haven't. I'm working extra extra smartly.

I used brisa and also balance gels and was /am fine with them.

yes i do get blisters ... i have a cluster of them below my thumb and on the palm ... the blisters look like they are full of water and they are tiny tiny and its them that cause my hands to take weeks to heal :cry:
I would saying going on my past experience with Mrs clooney, that you will be unlikely to be able to use the gels you use now as you have been over exposed to it, so definitely have a test nail done with brisa and maybe also bio or calgel, I know Mrs Clooney was ok with calgel.

Latest posts

Back