Gel II, am I missing something?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not able to wear shellac as my nails just don't seem suited to it and only get 7 days with correct prep and technique; plus my clients are quite heavy handed :( I have heard about this gel 11 and it sounds good. The problem is that I'm small and don't want another outlay of costs. In short can I use my CND lamp to cure gel 11?

Not great experiences with vinylux as others have said - streaky and some hard to work with. So also on the look out for a good regular polish

Thanks in advance
Row

I am not able to wear shellac as my nails just don't seem suited to it and only get 7 days with correct prep and technique; plus my clients are quite heavy handed :( I have heard about this gel 11 and it sounds good. The problem is that I'm small and don't want another outlay of costs. In short can I use my CND lamp to cure gel 11?

Not great experiences with vinylux as others have said - streaky and some hard to work with. So also on the look out for a good regular polish

Thanks in advance

Row

yes you can, i've been using my CND lamps for the last month or so, with no service breakdown. I have now got the cordless Gel II™ LED lamp which has shortened my service time (bought as i like to use a full system)

I'm using my CND lamps at the moment and it's fine no problems at all, clients are happy with colours and how long it's lasting, just remember to buff of the top coat when removing and you'll see, bet you love it too.

I'm using my CND lamp too at the mo and seeing great results. This is a client who couldn't keep Shellac, and this is 3 weeks wear with Gel II. She's amazed! 😊

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1418380754.106676.jpg

TheRealMrsGrey whats removal like? How long does it take when wrapping and removing in comparison to Shellac? :) x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

TheRealMrsGrey whats removal like? How long does it take when wrapping and removing in comparison to Shellac? :) x

It's a little longer than Shellac - I've got it down to 12 mins with buffing of top coat, foil remover wraps, pure acetone and wrapped in a warm towel. But then obviously when reapplying, you don't need a basecoat 😊 xx

Last edited:
Thanks Sarah. Does it flake off like CND Shellac or is it more like Bio Sculpture (rubbery)? Sorry, curious :D x

Thanks Sarah. Does it flake off like CND Shellac or is it more like Bio Sculpture (rubbery)? Sorry, curious :D x

No I find it doesn't flake off. A gentle push with a wood stick and rub with a pad soaked with acetone takes it off in no time 😊

I removed mine yesterday. It flaked off like shellac does but it took a bit longer a good 15 minutes.

Can I just ask who the UK stockists are please? Lovin some of their colours on his thread :)

Just did a Gel II application and quite simply how easy was that! Lovely application. Yes there's a mild odour, but nothing that would cause me concern and I have a very sensitive nose.

Big thanks to Maz for the colours and doing mine and my mum's nails on Saturday. It's lovely to wear.

Need to place my order! Can see how having a LED lamp would be good for doing own nails.

Since this thread was created many techs are no longer buffing topcoat off prior to removal. The key to this is to wrap the nails **tightly** with foils to prevent acetone evaporation or if using nail clips e.g pro tip clips to adjust them to a snug fit. Many techs also use heat e.g. wheat bag or microwaveable heat mitts to aid removal (myself included) but yesterday i took my 31 day old Gel II™ manicure (yes, you read that correctly- 31 days!) without heat for 12 minutes ( double topcoated as had stamped nailart on) and it removed just as well..

HTHs xx

I trialled Gel ll as I found I wanted something a little tougher than CND Shellac for my hard on the hands clients. Brisa Lite didn't work and IBX was getting their nails healthier but not giving them the strength they needed.

I didn't enjoy the application and I hated the removal. I tried on a good few clients and they faired worse than when they have had Shellac.

I had been unconvinced by those Gel ll users I spoke to because I was aware of the CND/S2 Creative issue and I don't like to be hoodwinked..I have now spoken to several techs who I know are not affiliated in anyway and they are really enjoying Gel ll and having great results. I sold my Gel ll but I am actually tempted to try it again now!

I am confused about the row over micronised vitamins as I'm sure I read that Doug Schoon said this couldn't possibly work but so many techs claim it is reversing the delamination they have seen with constant Shellac use.

I want pictures and evidence and in the mean time I off to the creative page to buy some second hand ones to try again!

Hey zooks I'm not affiliated with anyone and I'm loving it. Feedback has been great and I'm getting much longer wear than with shellac. I'll try and find some pics. Some clients with major delamination have seen improvements and clients who bite have really made an effort not to with excellent results!

I've always said I'm not the best nail tech in the world and this product does take some tweaking but I have found the effort more than worth the results!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi everyone

I'm a Cnd shellac qualified nail tech but I've been dying to try gel 2 so I have six new polishes on the way to me :) has anyone get any tips for me? I have tried searching for previous threads but it's a bit hard on my phone. What I have got so far is don't use scrub fresh because it can cause shrinkage - use d-sperse instead of scrub fresh and wait About 20 seconds before removing inhibition layer... And stir the polishes really well when I get them. Are there any other tricks someone would like to share with me?

Many thanks!
Natalie

Join the creative beauty group Facebook page. Lots of tips and tricks and experienced nail techs to help out x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Join the creative beauty group Facebook page. Lots of tips and tricks and experienced nail techs to help out x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks - wil do that now

Latest posts

Back