Gel II pricing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helencowleard

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Ive not yet purchased or tried Gel II but hopefully will get a few colours at the Excel beauty show on the 23rd. My question is, as this product should last much longer than CND Shellac (which is all I use) should I make it more expensive per service to compensate for the client having less treatments? So I charge £28 for a standard colour CND Shellac manicure im thinking £32/4 for Gel II. Do any of you using Gel II do this?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes, I charge more x

I've just put my prices up and dropped my other line as it just wasn't being used but if I had kept it on I would have charged the same however I do charge £3 more for Reactions.

Steph xx

Can I ask why you charge more for tge reaction gel II as oppossd to the plain colour? :)

Because they cost more and with some I like to add a 3rd layer or I customise the look with different base colours. No one has questioned it yet, they are more than happy to pay the extra £3.

Steph xx

Oh I see they're more expensive to buy. Thanks for your help I will bare that in mind :D

I just charge the same :-s as the product is similar price to buy, takes the same time to apply and I havn't found it last that much longer than shellac on clients so I myself can't justify charging more (I suppose it depends on your client base?) some clients will get 3-4 weeks out of shellac as well as gel ll whereas some will get just under 2 weeks on both aswel, it's just differs from client to client.

Hmmm tricky one. My regular clients book CND Shellac every 2 weeks religiously. So if Gel II possibly give 3+ weeks wear I could be loosing money in the long term. So in 6 weeks they'd have 2 appointments instead of 3... id lose at least £28+ per client. Id need to be able to get that back somehow surely?! I need to test the product first and see how well it fares :)

The majority of my clients could go 3 weeks. Some do and always did with my old system. Some only come once a month where as others still come every 2 weeks. They are all thrilled to bits about it's staying power and recommendations are flooding in. It's win win

Steph xx

How does gel 2 compare to cnd in terms of cost to buy? Not actual prices of course, but is it cheaper or more expensive to buy?

And does it wear ok on thin bendy nails?

I'm about to take on Reactions in February, I may take the regular Gel ll but that will be a decision for the future. After much consideration I've decided not to charge extra and my thinking is that although it costs a little more than Shellac the bottles are bigger, you don't need a base coat so one less products to buy and cure. I can use my LED lamp I stead of my CND one, less wear and tear, replacement bulbs and shorter cure/service time. So far I've not had any problems with removal, about the same as Shellac so no extra service time.

I'm not going to tell clients they may get longer as it depends so much on them and most of them come every 2-3 weeks as they don't like the regrowth. I think the only difference will be they won't have peeled it off the night before!

Karaxxx

Latest posts

Back