Gel II reviews?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allana_mami

Reaction score
Does anyone use gel 11 polish, i want to try some out there are some lovley colours and changing colours just wanted peoples opinions as i dont know anyone who has tested it out x

I got rid of all of my Shellac and moved over to Gel ll and I love it. At first I had a few shrinkage issues that I didn't have with Shellac but once I did the conversion course I now have no issues with it. The colour range is amazing, they have matches for lots of Shellac colours and the colour change ones are really popular. If you want to try it you could always buy one of the collections where you get a few colours and a topcoat. The lamp is really good 30 seconds for colour coat 50 seconds for topcoat the price is phenomenal and it really is a lot quicker to perform the treatment. Hope that helps. X

There's quite a few people asking this question. If you do a search you'll get lots of different opinions. I personally use it alongside shellac and really like it although there's plenty of techs who don't get on with it. The only way to really know is to buy it yourself and give it a try.

It's amazing!! I love it !!

Thanks ladies. Think im going to give it a try the different products they have are gawjjj !! X

There's quite a few people asking this question. If you do a search you'll get lots of different opinions. I personally use it alongside shellac and really like it although there's plenty of techs who don't get on with it. The only way to really know is to buy it yourself and give it a try.

Do you use the gel II lamp and cnd lamp or the same one for both?

Do you use the gel II lamp and cnd lamp or the same one for both?

At first I used my CND UV lamp to cure both and it worked really well but then I purchased the Gel II LED lamp when it was on offer so now I use both. HTH

which is the best company to order from for gel II in the UK please :D
x
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

The creative beauty group are the distributors for gel II

I got rid of all of my Shellac and moved over to Gel ll and I love it. At first I had a few shrinkage issues that I didn't have with Shellac but once I did the conversion course I now have no issues with it. The colour range is amazing, they have matches for lots of Shellac colours and the colour change ones are really popular. If you want to try it you could always buy one of the collections where you get a few colours and a topcoat. The lamp is really good 30 seconds for colour coat 50 seconds for topcoat the price is phenomenal and it really is a lot quicker to perform the treatment. Hope that helps. X
I'd like to know how to stop it shrinking! I bought some at pro beauty earlier in the year but every time I try it I give up and go back to my lovely shellac!

Thanks that's the company I found on Google, just wanted to be sure x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd like to know how to stop it shrinking! I bought some at pro beauty earlier in the year but every time I try it I give up and go back to my lovely shellac!
Yo
to stop shrinkage you need to scrub the nail plate, down the side walls and the free edge and underneath with super shine for 3-5 seconds and leave it to completely dry. If it's not completely dry you will get shrinkage. You also need to ensure you mix with a stir stick really really well when you first get the bottle and roll it upside down (don't shake this will put air bubble in the gel) to really mix the pigments together as they settle. Another tip to get a good viscosity to apply the polish is to put it between your legs to heat it slightly. Hope that helps. Xx

DO TH
At first I used my CND UV lamp to cure both and it worked really well but then I purchased the Gel II LED lamp when it was on offer so now I use both. HTH

Did you do the geI training course of just jump straight in? I've done shellac training before.

Was the lamp offer just a once off of is it regularly on offer?

I've just finished a Gel II application on a client and it was lovely to use.

The removal is the stinker for some people and it's been built up to be a massive problem but once you've mastered it it's no more difficult than any other system.

I use Shellac and Gel Ii and love both. A good number of my ladies regularly gets 3-4 weeks from their Gel II.

I had a bit of shrinkage today on my client so I put the thinnest wisp of it on the end of each nail and flash cured it and then application was problem free.

I did a one day conversion which is very worthwhile and am now applying it regularly to clients.

DO TH

Did you do the geI training course of just jump straight in? I've done shellac training before.

Was the lamp offer just a once off of is it regularly on offer?

I had previously done the shellac course and was really lucky to get a free gel II conversion session at the creative academy in Bournemouth. The free courses have finished now but I'd recommend doing the training especially if you've been using Gel II and have lots of questions. I can't answer your question about the lamp I'm afraid - they've had offers at the shows but you never know what the offer is going to be until the show. [emoji3]

Hi I have just got a couple of gel II polishes to try, but the top coat is out of stock at the moment, would I be able to use the gel polish topcoat I usually use over the gel II or will it not work? As I know the gel II doesn't require a primer or base coat and so I wondered if there is something special about its topcoat.

I've just finished a Gel II application on a client and it was lovely to use.

The removal is the stinker for some people and it's been built up to be a massive problem but once you've mastered it it's no more difficult than any other system.

I use Shellac and Gel Ii and love both. A good number of my ladies regularly gets 3-4 weeks from their Gel II.

I had a bit of shrinkage today on my client so I put the thinnest wisp of it on the end of each nail and flash cured it and then application was problem free.

I did a one day conversion which is very worthwhile and am now applying it regularly to clients.

In what way is the removal difficult or different in comparison to other systems? Xx

Would anyone know where I could do some training ? I live in Kent ? Thanks X

I believe the closest is Essex x x

Ok thank you . I'm looking for another product to run along side my cnd collection. X

Latest posts

Back