Gel infill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
I did a rebalance and fill on a client tonight, Her nails had been done previously at a local salon. The gel was very thick that was on them, I had to thin it down quite alot, There was no lifting and I took the product down at the growth area. But when I applied the gel I could still see a fill line on a couple of nails. I don't normally have this problem :suprised:

do you think it may be because it was a different brand gel, just guessing. I had this a while back but it was cos i was putting to thick in the cuticle area in the first place and then not buffing it down enough to try to correct it. do you know what gel was used b4 ?

xxxx

I dont know which gel it was, But it had been put on so thick and the nails looked like ski jumped and little hoofs.
I get my new kit soon so will replace the whole set next time ;)

lell said:
I dont know which gel it was, But it had been put on so thick and the nails looked like ski jumped and little hoofs.
I get my new kit soon so will replace the whole set next time ;)

a while back i would have said maybe i did them, but i'm glad to say not guilty...xxxx

I hate it when I have to go over others work and to put it bluntly they were a mess lol

Hi Chickio

What files did you use? With gel when you buff down the product it can cause slight lifting and can be made worse with a soft or blunt file.

HTH
Clare xxx

I used my normal files creative 240 x180, I just found it so hard to thin the product right down it was applied so thickly.

They sound lovely Lell!!
Use a 100 file to take bulk off and a nice new 180 to file off any lifted bits....were they definitely gel? Cos I know the NSS in my town tell their clients they use gel but is in fact l&p....just a thought.

Clare xxxx

Thanks Clare I dont have any probs when doing fills or rebalances on my own work. Not sure what was used but they told her it was gel and it was like concrete lol
Anyway she is having a new set in 2 weeks so I will know whats on her nails then ;)

Yep get em off and fix her up with some of ya fabbio nails!

I for one hate rebalancing/infilling other peoples work.
clare xxx

Latest posts

Back