Gel/led lamps = sunscreen

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty biz

Reaction score
Hi,

Yesterday in the salon, I had a really lovely American lady in having Jessica done. I prep her nails and start to apply start gel. I then put the lamp on And asked her to put hand in to allow gel to cure. This stage she immediately removed Hand and insisted she has full SPF on !! I explained to her you are in led lamp for a matter of 30 seconds and wouldn't cause any severe damage. Any way she kicked up a right fuss I ended up opening a full SPF factor 50 from retail and applied it to her hands. Was she right to do this or just being over cautious i cN understand the uv but not led? Just want to get this out there if anyone else hAs this on there case. She continued to be pleasant tome during the treatment and loved her nails.

Hi,

Yesterday in the salon, I had a really lovely American lady in having Jessica done. I prep her nails and start to apply start gel. I then put the lamp on And asked her to put hand in to allow gel to cure. This stage she immediately removed Hand and insisted she has full SPF on !! I explained to her you are in led lamp for a matter of 30 seconds and wouldn't cause any severe damage. Any way she kicked up a right fuss I ended up opening a full SPF factor 50 from retail and applied it to her hands. Was she right to do this or just being over cautious i cN understand the uv but not led? Just want to get this out there if anyone else hAs this on there case. She continued to be pleasant tome during the treatment and loved her nails.

No offense to any other americans, however some of us are just insane. I personally do apply a moisturizer.containing spf daily, I would not however do so just to have my nails cured. Not sure if you have the "Dr oz show" in your areas but in the usa we do. He loves to overexagerate any and everything and ruin safec quality products for us all... He must have done a show on uv cures because my mother was just bitching at me for wearing Shellac.....

One thing to note is, sunscreen has to be applied about an hour before going out into the sun to be effective.

I would explain that to the client and also advise her there are gloves made specifically for UV nail services. She may be interested in purchasing a pair. HTH! :)

As for Dr. Oz, he is on my last nerve!

Sunscreen works instantly! It's only a cream covering the skin.

Latest posts

Back