Gel like quality-but in a nail varnish. Anyone know any?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GemsGelish

Reaction score
Hi, I can't wear gels etc so I'm looking for a nail varnish that will lasts more then a couple of days. I've just come back of holiday and I hated my nails...I'd brought "chip resistant Sally colour" and a Sally top coat. But they lasted 2 days and chipped and cracked really easily. As I didn't bring any remover or nail varnish with me to top it up I had to just grin and bare it. But it got me thinking, is there a product that you can buy over the counter-don't need training that will last maybe a week or more that's just nail varnish?
I've looked over the internet and seen some products saying they do what gel does but the reviews aren't great. Do the people who create Gelish and Shellac make a similar nail varnish ?

Help needed 😭 thanks all in advance 💅

You need CND vinylux. 7 day wear with a mirror shine finish like Shellac.

You can purchase from Sweet Squared or buy from a salon that stocks it. You will need to use the Vinylux topcoat with the polish to get the most out of it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you go to a CND registered salon you can buy Vinylux which is longer lasting but I'd be dubious about any polish lasting a week especially if you have any length on your nails. They bend and flex and the polish gets 'stress cracks' then flakes and peels.

Arghhh thank you so much...will be asking in my local beauticians if any stock it. Can't cope with chipped nails 😊💅

Hopefully it last a lil bit longer then a day or two...drives me nuts that it's long lasting and chip resistant but isn't any different to any other product. Thanks though-at least I'll be prepared. Gemma

Latest posts

Back