Gel manicures ....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickie@Nailmania-Limited

Goldie Hawn Geek
Reaction score
Hi All

I am looking into introducing one of the new range of Gel Manicures into my salon. However, I already offer Biosculpture and Calgel which were the only soak off gels available when I started my salon seven years ago.

Would it be worth it to offer Shellac/Gelish/Geleration or such like? Or, do you think it would not be a good idea.

Do the new soak off gels offer protection and strength to natural nails like Biosculpture/Calgel?

If I do decide to offer one of the new brands, which one would you suggest as the above three seem to be the most popular.

How much do you charge for the manicures? do you charge for soak offs?

I am in Kent

Any thoughts and advice would be fantastic

Toodle Pip

Hi All

I am looking into introducing one of the new range of Gel Manicures into my salon. However, I already offer Biosculpture and Calgel which were the only soak off gels available when I started my salon seven years ago.

Would it be worth it to offer Shellac/Gelish/Geleration or such like? Or, do you think it would not be a good idea.

Do the new soak off gels offer protection and strength to natural nails like Biosculpture/Calgel?

If I do decide to offer one of the new brands, which one would you suggest as the above three seem to be the most popular.

How much do you charge for the manicures? do you charge for soak offs?

I am in Kent

Any thoughts and advice would be fantastic

Toodle Pip

Shellac will change your business! And if you take it on you need to get out of the habbit of calling it a gel manicure :green:

I charge €30 (about £25) and don't charge for removal if they have had it done with me. I charge €10 if they have had it done with another salon.

Shellac has taken over my regular polish client's as it lasts longer, looks better and still doesn't damage the nails. It also took over my enhancment client's as they can now grow their own nails and have many fun colours to play with!

I have not worked with any of the gel polishes so maybe someone can give you an input on them but after having Shellac I won't even bother trying any other. It's my second most popular treatment now after waxing.:hug:xxx

Latest posts

Back