Gel nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

char1112

Reaction score
Hi there, I've been looking on the forums for a few weeks now as I'm going to be doing a Gellux nail course in September (there aren't many branded courses in my area). I'd like to know how similar the processes are for Gellux, Gelish and Shellac and also which are best for nail art as that's what I mainly do at the place I work at the moment. Could I use my current nail pens for nail art and put a gel coat over it or would I have to use the gel polishes? Sorry if this has been covered before, I couldn't find much... Thanks :)

I would like to know if you can use other makes as well, If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

You can use any striper pens or nail art paints or acrylic paints. I usually finish the whole nail including top coat and wipe the dispersion layer off then I do my nail art. By doing it this way I can easily wipe it off if I make a mistake and not ruin the shellacked nail underneath.

You can use any striper pens or nail art paints or acrylic paints. I usually finish the whole nail including top coat and wipe the dispersion layer off then I do my nail art. By doing it this way I can easily wipe it off if I make a mistake and not ruin the shellacked nail underneath.

Ty x

Do you do another topcoat on top of the nail art?

Latest posts

Back