Gel nail extension query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eliza.Ioana

Reaction score
Hi there! I need little bit of help from nail technicians... I am new in the branch and I did uv gel nail extensions using first time tips and second time nail forms for a lady and after 2 days 3-4 nails came out ( luckily she knows me from before;) ). First time I put with tips and then the gel on top(and in 2-3 the nails came out). So after I decide just with foil, not tips and happened the same. I am little bit embarrassed.. :( Can you tell me what I did wrong in both situations? I use products from naio.co.uk. I put the Dehidrator first, then the Acid Free Primer, then the Naio base gel and lastly the Naio uv Sculpture Gel..... Pls bring light in to my head. Thank you

How long ago did you qualify to do nail extensions? :)

Congrats! Was it a Naio course?

Congrats! Was it a Naio course?
Thank you!! No. Just the products that I use are all from Naio ... But I don't know what I did wrong in the application...:(

Thank you!! No. Just the products that I use are all from Naio ... But I don't know what I did wrong in the application...:(
The course was an online course... So I don't have much experience.

Can you tell us exactly the prep you did to the nail?

Can you tell us exactly the prep you did to the nail?
I took the shine out with the file, then I put Dehidrator, next was Acid Free Primer, first coat of base gel then I put the Sculpture Gel. And at tge end I put a nude gel polish and a top coat from Bluesjy brand.

I took the shine out with the file, then I put Dehidrator, next was Acid Free Primer, first coat of base gel then I put the Sculpture Gel. And at tge end I put a nude gel polish and a top coat from Bluesjy brand.
Bluesky

I don't see anywhere you mentioning the cuticle.did you push back the hyponicium and remove the cuticle carefully?that's the most important step in order for the gel not to lift.

I don't see anywhere you mentioning the cuticle.did you push back the hyponicium and remove the cuticle carefully?that's the most important step in order for the gel not to lift.
I pushed them but didn't cut it. I know that this lady wears most of the time nail extensions ( but I don't think this could be a reason for non adherence).

Nooo don't cut!!

Did you use a cuticle remover if it's stubborn? It's actually a vital step towards product not lifting.

Last edited:
I pushed them but didn't cut it. I know that this lady wears most of the time nail extensions ( but I don't think this could be a reason for non adherence).

Dry prep is usually fine depending on brand.
But you need make sure the nail plate is completely free from dead cuticle skin. Push it and clean it completely. No need to push or cut the eponychium.

You don't need to cur anything.Just make sure that you remove all the cuticle from the nail plate.push the eponycium back and then clean all the cuticle with some cuticle remover using your pusher or what i do is use a special bit on my electrical file which is specially for the cuticle.but to do that you have to be sure that you are trained to use the electrical file.x

Latest posts

Back