Gel nail extension removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovelashes

Reaction score
So I recently did a gel nail extension course and am not comfortable with having to file off as opposed to soak off.

How do I know I'm not causing lots of damage to the natural nail? Is it possible to soak them off?

Many thanks x

It is not possible to soak them off. They file down so much easier than acrylics though. You just have to be very careful...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

You have to buff them off.I use a rough grit file to get the majority off then softer grit file when I'm coming close to the natural nail being really careful then when I'm literally there I use a buffing block.

You can get soak off gels to.

I'm sur some other geeks can help to xx

Buff off gel doesn't dissolve in acetone. The only thing that would melt off on a set of gel extensions are the glued on tips. It's best to use a rough file or e-fil (if you're trained to use one) for the bulk, then use a block buffer for the remainder.

Thanks geeks for your quick replies. I don't have a buffing block so will get one of those, what grit are they?x

I use 100/180 and finish with a 220/240 block

i have used several gels and have recently trained in bio sculpture which is a soak off gel, it is the best i have ever used and am getting great results with it. for years i thought the course was too expensive but its defo worth investing in

Latest posts

Back