Gel nails or acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julia giudice

Reaction score
I have been doing bio sculpture gel nails for two years, I want to add to my treatment list and do either gel nails sculpted or acrylic nail extensions.
I do not like to do lots of faffing around, as in filling buffing etc if possible.
I suppose acrylic is a strong smell and not so good for asthmatics.
Whats your expert opinions on whats best to do?
A lot of the clients that want extensions tend to be younger girls or women that ride horses crazy i know.
They seem to love the Chinese nail bars as they all tell me they last forever and they are fast at it.
But from what i know and have seen that when its time to take the nails off, they are ruined.
So far I have found a bio sculpture do a course for £125.00 which is nail sculptures but look a bit flimsy?
Answers on a post card please xx

women that ride horses crazy i know.

:D that'll be me and most of my friends then!!

Personally I prefer acrylic to hard gel, quicker to apply as you don't have hands going in and out of lamp, most of all you can soak off rather than file off. When starting out and refining your application there can be the need for more filing and buffing.

Saying that I do have more people asking for gel extensions as there seems to be a misconception about acrylic. I've been out of the industry for a few years and I hadn't noticed it before so not sure whats changed.

As for the NSS fans all you can do is educate them, but it's not always sucessful. I have a friend who says the same - fast, cheap, last forever. She knows her natural nails are paying the price for it but doesn't care.

Latest posts

Back