Gel nails with coloured tips - Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammieejai

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My friend has shown me a picture of gel nails that she would like me to do, they are a French design but instead of white the tips are coloured, I have never done this and I dont know how I could go about it, I have gel polishes (Trugel) and I have colour shack mica powders would I mix mica into the clear gel? If so what ratio and also if I use colourshack mica powders will the colour be good?

How would you lovely people go about this?

Thanks in Advance
Sam :)

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I would complete your enhancements as usual up to finish filing, then use either traditional polish or your Trugel colour and to paint on the French tip. Topcoat after with the appropriate product for whichever you choose
That way it is quicker for you, and also very easy to change colour or design when it's time for an infill, rather than create a permanent tip colour and re-do the whole set in 2-3 weeks x

I would complete your enhancements as usual up to finish filing, then use either traditional polish or your Trugel colour and to paint on the French tip. Topcoat after with the appropriate product for whichever you choose
That way it is quicker for you, and also very easy to change colour or design when it's time for an infill, rather than create a permanent tip colour and re-do the whole set in 2-3 weeks x

Is it ok to use normal nail polish under gel?wow didn't know that..

Thanks Fee :)

Is it ok to use normal nail polish under gel?wow didn't know that..

No it's not! You would COMPLETE the enhancement, as I said, and then use your polish over the top, or your gel polish. Then finish with either a traditional polish topcoat, or the gel polish topcoat of your particular brand, depending on which option you chose.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear x

Thanks Again Fee :) x

Latest posts

Back