Gel polish - are some better than others for different clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZNailz

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have one particular client (who is also a good friend so doesn't mind me experimenting to try and find a solution) that her gel polish (Gelish) just doesn't last like it does for my other clients. She went elsewhere to use a voucher she had and their gel polish lasted weeks - grew out before chipping.
I know she has had the same issue with another tech she used to go to so could it be that whichever line this voucher salon was using just 'suited' her nails better?
I must note that Structure gel has helped. We have reduced the chipping and peeling down to just the most dominant fingers but I'd like to find a solution (or answer!) to get them all staying. It's so disheartening when other clients last much longer and another salons work lasted on her :(

I use Gelish for myself and my clients as it seems to last the best for me, I had shellac once and it lasted 3 days before lifting off my nails. Some gel polishes just don't suit some people.
On my clients that tend to chip easier ive started using a small amount of pro bond before foundation and that seems to help massively, I also use it on myself and mine last great even with doing other people's nails all day.

Some nail bars use a hard gel overlay first...I do this on mine if I want them to last but not often as my nails are naturally weak [emoji22]. What condition are your clients nails in? X

I use Gelish for myself and my clients as it seems to last the best for me, I had shellac once and it lasted 3 days before lifting off my nails. Some gel polishes just don't suit some people.
On my clients that tend to chip easier ive started using a small amount of pro bond before foundation and that seems to help massively, I also use it on myself and mine last great even with doing other people's nails all day.

What did you do when the client said they didn't last past three days? I have a client who is saying 3 started to lift after 4 days and a few others starting to go the same. She wants them redone or a refund?
I don't want to do either tbh as it could've been chemicals she used etc.
Any advice on what to do?

What did you do when the client said they didn't last past three days? I have a client who is saying 3 started to lift after 4 days and a few others starting to go the same. She wants them redone or a refund?
I don't want to do either tbh as it could've been chemicals she used etc.
Any advice on what to do?

Did she contact you as soon as they started lifting?? I always ask for a picture straight away (I'm mobile so there's no option for them to pop in and see me) I don't do free repairs and have never had anyone ask for a refund. I charge £1.50 per nail for repairs but I've only had people chip after 3/4 days not had it lifting.
Where is it lifting from? Do you have a pic of the set when you finished? X

Latest posts

Back