Gel polish - best brand to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elegance91

Reaction score
I want to start building up my gel polish but wanted to get an idea of what brand is the best.

Look forward to your replies

Elegance x

I really like OPI, but I'm going to do a Shellac course, too. Got a feeling that shellac is so well known that clients will prefer to have it xx

I only have experience of two "gel polishes" NSI Polish Pro and CND Shellac. I had Polish Pro first, it chipped on me and every single person I tried it on (my nails rarely chip with regular polish!) so I had to sell it at a huge loss and invested in Shellac. I absolutely love it so I'm sticking to it ☺️

I believe it to be one of the few that doesn't need any buffing of the natural nail for application and one of the easiest removals too x

I'm a huge OPI fan - its just about the most consistent gel ever. I also love Essie and am quite a fan of IBD - its a really good budget gel. I guess its all about what suits you, there's no substitute for getting a couple and trying them for yourself...

I started with gellux: low start up costs, applies well, lasts very well, limited color range, removal takes a while!

Then moved over to shellac: expensive. Applies and removes extremely well, easy and fast! Huge color range. However, some of my clients, no matter what, struggled to get over a weeks wear, especially if they had less than perfect nails!

I now use megamix as my only gel system: Good price, removes well, unlimited color range!!! And all clients get a minimum of 2-3 weeks wear! Plus, it cures under my CND lamp, and mixes really well with my huge vinylux collection!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ive always used shellac but I've just moved to a new salon and set up on my own so I've been looking for the best products at the best prices to help me keep down my costs, but also needed to keep the quality.n So I had a little look around and did some research and The best package I could find was with ink nails london, there systems called I-lac, there's a good range of colours, it goes on nicely, lasts 2-3weeks and the soak off time is around 5-6 minutes, I'm really happy with it and so is my clients, it might not be right for you but it's defiantly worth a look, especially if your just starting as the price to buy is very reasonable, these are mine I did a few days ago. Hope this helps xxxx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403878727.463184.jpg ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403878739.611114.jpg

Forgot to just mention that they have a matte top coat over them x

Ive always used shellac but I've just moved to a new salon and set up on my own so I've been looking for the best products at the best prices to help me keep down my costs, but also needed to keep the quality.n So I had a little look around and did some research and The best package I could find was with ink nails london, there systems called I-lac, there's a good range of colours, it goes on nicely, lasts 2-3weeks and the soak off time is around 5-6 minutes, I'm really happy with it and so is my clients, it might not be right for you but it's defiantly worth a look, especially if your just starting as the price to buy is very reasonable, these are mine I did a few days ago. Hope this helps xxxx View attachment 68968 View attachment 68969

I'm interested in this stuff. Do you need their specific LED lamp or would the OPI LED lamp do? X

I'm interested in this stuff. Do you need their specific LED lamp or would the OPI LED lamp do? X

They are said to be suitable for both UV and led lamps on their website, i use a UV lamp and it cures well. Your led would be fine to I would of thought, but best to contact them directly, but I don't see why it do would be a problem, if you email they normally email back within a couple of hours, the customer service is really good to be honest xxx

They are said to be suitable for both UV and led lamps on their website, i use a UV lamp and it cures well. Your led would be fine to I would of thought, but best to contact them directly, but I don't see why it do would be a problem, if you email they normally email back within a couple of hours, the customer service is really good to be honest xxx

Thank you! Will do x

Thanks girls! x

Latest posts

Back