Gel polish brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just heard about them today. I must look into them.
I would have previously used blue sky in a salon I worked but we only ever used it over gel....never for gel polish...we only used shellac on the natural nail (was just the bosses preference) since going out on my own I use the manicure company for everything....from buffers to files to gel and primers. Find it brill and the prices are great to.

I would have previously used blue sky in a salon I worked but we only ever used it over gel....never for gel polish...we only used shellac on the natural nail (was just the bosses preference) since going out on my own I use the manicure company for everything....from buffers to files to gel and primers. Find it brill and the prices are great to.
I use bluesky on myself and 1 client as that's what she likes. The only problem I have with blue sky is it takes over a month to get their base and top coat delivered. I use gelish but it doesn't stay 1day on one of my clients. I'm looking for something different. Saw on FB someone was using "The Gel Bottle" never heard of them either lol.

I use bluesky on myself and 1 client as that's what she likes. The only problem I have with blue sky is it takes over a month to get their base and top coat delivered. I use gelish but it doesn't stay 1day on one of my clients. I'm looking for something different. Saw on FB someone was using "The Gel Bottle" never heard of them either lol.
Yea I have never actually used it on a natural nail but that's just because I don't own any bottles and the salon I was in was just very snobby when it came to gel polish lol...shellac or nothing.

I actually see the gel bottle All over Instagram aswell I went onto there website and they have some lovely colours. I think there about 17 18 eur a bottle. I just find I do more sets of gels than polish so the manicure company suits me....i but from the rep and get them for 7, 8 quid a bottle so I don't think Il ever stray to far ha. But its brill for gel polish the few clients I do have usually get up to 3 weeks from it. Some people reckon it's hard to remove but I think once you give it a good buff and then soak it in a wrap for a good 8 to ten mins.

Is there no reps there for blue sky? Our issue with that was the rep would call and never ever have the colours you were looking for...which in a busy nail salon is a disaster.

Yea I have never actually used it on a natural nail but that's just because I don't own any bottles and the salon I was in was just very snobby when it came to gel polish lol...shellac or nothing.

I actually see the gel bottle All over Instagram aswell I went onto there website and they have some lovely colours. I think there about 17 18 eur a bottle. I just find I do more sets of gels than polish so the manicure company suits me....i but from the rep and get them for 7, 8 quid a bottle so I don't think Il ever stray to far ha. But its brill for gel polish the few clients I do have usually get up to 3 weeks from it. Some people reckon it's hard to remove but I think once you give it a good buff and then soak it in a wrap for a good 8 to ten mins.

Is there no reps there for blue sky? Our issue with that was the rep would call and never ever have the colours you were looking for...which in a busy nail salon is a disaster.
I find it takes 8/10mins sometimes longer to get gelish off so to me that wouldn't be long. I've only met a rep once no sight of them in ages. I emailed to see if there was another but no reply.

I find it takes 8/10mins sometimes longer to get gelish off so to me that wouldn't be long. I've only met a rep once no sight of them in ages. I emailed to see if there was another but no reply.
Yea I think there just terrible with stock flow to be honest. Yea I don't mind the ten minute removal at all...shellac is normally 5 in wraps so what's another 5 lol

I can get 3 weeks out of gellux, some clients prefer a re-do at 2 weeks some book in at 3/4weeks and usually the gel is still intact, no peeling/chipping/lifting its dependent upon how much growth there is usually as to how long they will then go between applications.
Could you talk me through your application?
Pre the nail - cuticles, file nail shape, buff the nail - wipes
FaSt bond wait 60 second
Base cost cure 30 secs
2/3 coats of colour cure in between each cure seconds
Top coat 60secs cure
Wipe

I am going to expand my business and start offering gel polish. Which brands would you recommend for someone starting out? I've been looking at Bluesky Mylee, has any had any experience with their products?
Hi there I used too many brands and I've learned that some customers are ok almost every brand but some of them have problems with almost everything. I look around for a product which sort out the problematic nails. Because if you make happy your problematic customers you could make happy the rest. My searches ends with the The Gel Bottle. They are amazing. But just to give you some idea I would like to share my experience with the other brands.
ASP Signature - this gels stays very good even on problematic nails but their consistency is so liquid that you can't apply five fingers at the same time and cuticle close areas stays translucent a bit.
Gellux - this gels have a nice color density and lasts long for half of my customers but not suitable for problematic nails. I've tried their hard gels but not good enough to stay 1 week
EzFlow TruGel - Good consistency, good color density but do not last long enough
IBD - Color density is not good. Most colors need 3 layers. Stays good but not suitable for problematic nails
Artistic - bad color density bad consistency worst invesment I've ever done cos they were so expensive
Edge - good consistency very thick color density but not enough thicknes for nail art and also I didn't like their brushes
Harmony Gelish - Good color density but consistency is a little bit thick like regular nail polish. But I can't insist the bad quality because I bought these ones from Salon services with discount and I return most of the items I bought that discount
Red carpet - These gels have a good consistency and good color density. Lasts long mostly but not suitable for thin, flaky nails or biters. Also I didn't like the brushes cos they were too small.
Gelaze by Essential nails - These gels have amazing color density even some colors work with one layer. Great customer services by professional educator so they always know what are your needs. But unfortunately doesn't last long enough and not suitable for thin nails. Also I've tried their builders and never been happy. They need to be cured 3 minutes under Led 6 minutes under Uv. But don't stay good. After 3 customers bring back their extensions in their palms :))) I've never used them again
Bluesky - I always use their top coats for my color sticks and design samples. I also tried some colors and top coat on myself too but the result was not so bright. Color density and application is really good but my gels started to yellow after couple of hand wash.
Pretty summer - This is another cheap brand from Amazon. This gels have good consistency and color density and last longer but easily chips. And definetely has lifting problems on thins nails.
I've never used Cnd because my customers mostly complaining about their Cnd experience. But this is not a judgement about the brand cos there are plenty of fake stuff and fake technicians.
And also I should say that I supplied all my gels (except pretty summer and bluesky) from Salon Services and Salons Directs. Essential Nails already selling their gels only themselves. Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back