Gel polish help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannie123

Reaction score
I am trained in acrylic extensions and currently doing gel polish on myself, close friends and family until I have the funds and time to train.
I prep the nail like I would for acrylics apply Gelish ph bond, foundation and cure for 30, 2 coats of colour curing for 60 and then the top coat curing for 30 seconds. All Gelish products but not using a Gelish lamp.

They seem to be only lasting a week sometimes less my main problem area seems to be at the free edge but I always cap the free edge. Any tips, suggestions?

Apply your layers thinner that could be your problem if you layer them too thickly they lift X

Could be the lamp you are using, could be layers being applied too thickly, curing times depending on what lamp you have.
Could be a combination of the above.

Id recommend waiting until you've had your training. They go through thorough prep, application & troubleshooting. Then you'll be able to work out exactly where you are going wrong. x

Latest posts

Back