Gel polish lifting on the same finger

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireDix86

polishedpinkys
Reaction score
evening ladies..

I am desperate for some advice!
I am fully trained and have been been doing gel polish for over a year now. I use IBD just gel polish. I very very rarely get any problems wth lifting but I have one client who seems to have a problem with lifting but it's only ever on the same finger. Sometimes it never lifts, but other times it lifts within a few days. None of her other gel polishes lift or chip and will last a full 3+ weeks before they need to be redone.. please advice, I'm so troubled by it!! Tia xx

Which finger is it? Could be down to something she's doing with that finger i.e. Putting in her PIN number in shops, or pressing her car key to unlock remotely

Hi blossom, thankyou for the reply, it's on her index finger on her less dominant hand.. I have asked her whether she's knocked it on anything and said she hasn't.. it's so frustrating X

So frustrating when you can't get to the bottom of it isn't it!

So is it lifting from the cuticle, rather than separating at the free edge?

I have one client who also lifts on their index finger , only way for that nail to stay on is if I do an acrylic overlay very thinly on that nail then continue with gel polish on the rest of them.

When her natural nails grow very long , her nail naturally twists from that point so the gel polish is not strong enough to withstand twisting even slight movements and it will lift within a week.
Which is why the acrylic creates more structure and problem solved.

I have one client who also lifts on their index finger , only way for that nail to stay on is if I do an acrylic overlay very thinly on that nail then continue with gel polish on the rest of them.

When her natural nails grow very long , her nail naturally twists from that point so the gel polish is not strong enough to withstand twisting even slight movements and it will lift within a week.
Which is why the acrylic creates more structure and problem solved.

It's lifting from the free edge blossom
Thanks for your advice nailpod! I have just had my client round and have put a very thin layer of hard gel underneath the gel polish.. (I don't currently offer acrylic) I'll see how it goes! X

I tend to find that lifting or separating from the free edge is caused by the protective seal being eroded away or by constant pressure on the end of that nail for a particular task

Wish we could be flies on the wall and watch what these clients do [emoji57]

Latest posts

Back