Gel polish lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi All

Please can anyone advise me why my gel polish is lifting after about 11 days wear? The whole nail can easily lift. I'm using ink ilac with the 007 bond but I can't get my head round why it would easily peel.

Any help would be marvellous [emoji2]

Thanks

Could you walk us through your prep steps, as that's always been the cause of my problems. Also what lamp are you using?

Sure...

Clean nails thoroughly with pre nail prep/dehydrator, apply thin coat of bonder, apply base coat, cure, apply 2 coats of ilac colour, cure, 2 x rock top coats (curing after each coat). If using glitter I will also do one coat of the fortify gel before the rock top coat but if using fortify I will only do one coat of top. Then I use the cleaner to remove tacky layer and then oil.

I use the ink led lamp (30 seconds to cure)

I'm assuming you throughly remove any non-living tissue on the nails as well?

I sometimes get chopping on my own nails as I am not as thorough with my prep and application as I am with my clients. Do you only have this problem on yourself? Are you applying thin coats?

Depends on each client's lifestyle and state the natural nails.

Using hot dish washing soap will make them lift and pop off. Assuming you wash dishes that is. Use gloves ,

Also how old is your 007 bond? I recently read on their fb page that it's not effective after being opened a month or 2. I now use their prime bond instead x

You can get cuticle all over the nail plate, you can feel the resistance against the knife when you remove it.

Watch finger nail fixers YouTube video on cuticle removal, it's really good.

Also how old is your 007 bond? I recently read on their fb page that it's not effective after being opened a month or 2. I now use their prime bond instead x

Ah! Mines 3 months old, this may be it then. Can I ask what the difference is between 007 and the prime bond? Do you find the prime bond better?

You can get cuticle all over the nail plate, you can feel the resistance against the knife when you remove it.

Watch finger nail fixers YouTube video on cuticle removal, it's really good.

Are you sure you're not taking off the nail plate when you say all over your nail? As I made this mistake thinking it was cuticle but I was scraping away the nail plate [emoji15]

There's not much difference. I find the prime bond much better and from what I've read on the fb page others do to. It has to be aplied very sparingly and left to air dry for a min x

There's not much difference. I find the prime bond much better and from what I've read on the fb page others do to. It has to be aplied very sparingly and left to air dry for a min x

Great, thanks! I'll give that a go [emoji106]

Positive, it's definitely cuticle not nail plate.

Latest posts

Back