Gel polish pedicure process?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rima Shah

Reaction score
Please can you give me a step by step guide to gel polish pedicures. I was taught not to soak feet at all. But what if the client wants feet etc scrubbed? I would be using mainly shellac and OPI. Thanks

If I'm doing a full pedicure with shellac I do the shellac treatment first (file, cuticles, polish) and then carry out the skincare after x

Thanks. Can you remove cuticles without the soaking? Is the cuticle cream strong enough for the cuticles to come off?

Thanks. Can you remove cuticles without the soaking? Is the cuticle cream strong enough for the cuticles to come off?
If you have a good quality remover then yes it will work. I like both CND and INK London Cuticle removers.

For what it’s worth even though we are taught to soak after applying gel polish, I always soak first. I leave the massage until the very last thing I do and polish still lasts 4 weeks +

I soak first also. Do the whole pedi. Inc massage. Then cuticles since they are soft from soaking and everything and then make sure all residue is removed and nails prepped as I would for a standard gel polish before going in with the polish. No problems with it lasting at all x

Hey, I rasp, soak, cuticle work, prep, polish then massage xx

Please can you give me a step by step guide to gel polish pedicures. I was taught not to soak feet at all. But what if the client wants feet etc scrubbed? I would be using mainly shellac and OPI. Thanks

I would do the foot soak after you have done the gel polish application. The nail plate needs to be dehydrated for product application as what is happening is that if you expose water to the nail, it changes shape and this will cause a service breakdown.

Latest posts

Back