Gel polish reaction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailed-it

Reaction score
I did a set of gel polish nails at a friend of a friends house yesterday, the area was less than ideal but I wiped everything down twice and made it work. My friend texted me at midnight last night saying "her fingers are burning and red she needs to know how to get these off" I just don't understand why this happened? I've done gel polish many times before and haven't had an issue could it be an allergic reaction maybe? I just want a better understanding for when I talk to her later. Here was a pic I took at the end
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1433426366.678488.jpg

It sounds like a reaction. Has she had gel polish or any reaction like this before?

She has had gel polish once like a year ago, she used to have gel nails a couple months ago but got them removed so her natural nails could have a break. She said her fingers did not do this when they were built out, she can't remember if she had a reaction the last time she had gel polish. :/ it just made me worried as I was very careful to not get any on the skin

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1433449106.303512.jpg
I just received this from her, definitely bummed but I hope it wasn't anything too serious :/

Have her symptoms improved any since removal? If so this to me would confirm an allergic reaction. You would need to advise her that it will be very likely that she will be unable to wear gel polish in future because a similar or worse reaction will occur again

Out of interest what was the brand you used?

They have gone back to normal now and I let her know it was most likely a reaction and I use Lac it!gel polish By envogue

Latest posts

Back