Gel polish removal - heated mitts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaintyDoll

Reaction score
Hello all,

A colleague at my work yesterday asked if i could remove her bio sculpture gel polish for her.
Brought my kit in today and done my usual removal i would do for gelish (never usually have problems), after just under 15 minutes i taken off the foils to notice the colour had budged but the clear thick base coat was not budging?

I am guessing this was due to the room being rather cold?

my work colleague said when she goes to her local salon they put on heated mitts to help speed up the removal - i have never heard of this?

My question is - do any of you use heated mitts? are they good? do they speed up removal? xo

They will speed it up but I think the combination of electric and acetone may be slightly unsafe. I use wheat bags that go I. The microwave and pop those on clients' hands x

They will speed it up but I think the combination of electric and acetone may be slightly unsafe. I use wheat bags that go I. The microwave and pop those on clients' hands x
Aw great idea! and you notice a difference in timing?
what do you do with toes? they always seem to be cold and take longer xx

I stick them on there too! I have two so I just put them in the microwave, then put on hands or feet and voila. I don't think it makes things quicker but I certainly never need more than 15 minutes x

I stick them on there too! I have two so I just put them in the microwave, then put on hands or feet and voila. I don't think it makes things quicker but I certainly never need more than 15 minutes x
I will give that a go! Thank you :D x

Latest posts

Back