Gel polish - self teaching and need some advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ainebanie

Beauty level 2
Reaction score
Hi Ladies !
Have a few questions .. ive been practicing some gel polish on a few clients , but they dont seem to be lasting more than 4-5 days. Im using RNK polishes , base & top coat. I also have some IBD ( or IDB cant remember what its called )

Im doing the usual nail prep , then wiping with nail prep solution then base coat.

I plan on doing a gel polish course to get my cert ! Any advise ?

Hi Ladies !
Have a few questions .. ive been practicing some gel polish on a few clients , but they dont seem to be lasting more than 4-5 days. Im using RNK polishes , base & top coat. I also have some IBD ( or IDB cant remember what its called )

Im doing the usual nail prep , then wiping with nail prep solution then base coat.

I plan on doing a gel polish course to get my cert ! Any advise ?

Wait until you've done your training is the best advice I can give you. Provided your course is of good quality and not a cheapy you will have all your questions answered and your skills intact. Have you a basic manicure qualification? Most good courses will expect that as a minimum before taking further skills.

The reason they aren't lasting is because you need training.

Training will teach you correct prep, application, troubleshooting etc.

There are many reasons why the gel is not lasting. What the rest said is right, you'll need proper training.

Can't believe you're taking clients and only self taught tbh [emoji33]

What are you doing about public liability insurance if you're not qualified yet?

Latest posts

Back