Gel polish training questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello. I've been doing spray tans (mobile) for a few years now but now want to offer nails (gel polish not enhancements) to my clients. I have been doing friends and family's for fun, for free and absolutely love it but know that if I want to charge clients I need to be properly trained with a certificate etc...
My question is, is it better to train with a specific brand? Or just at a training school where it's cheaper to train and they use various polishes? Also do I need to be trained in manicures/pedicures too? Sorry for the questions which I'm sure may seem simple to most of you but if I'm going to do it then I want to do it properly! Thank you in advance x

Normally you need a mani pedi certificate to do a gel polish course. As for whether you do brand specific, that's up to you! Although check that whatever you do you'll be covered by your insurance. I decided to go brand specific (OPI) which set me in good stead but I also use other brands, as I'm insured to. X

Thought I may have needed the mani pedi certificate first - thank you for your help x

You can do CND shellac with no prior training. It covers lower leg anatomy & contraindications too.

Thank you! I shall take a look at the CND courses X

Latest posts

Back