Gel polish-which is the best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlea79

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just looking for everyones advice on which is the best gel polish brand?

Thanks marie x

I've used a few. Can't say there's that much difference in the top brands. I'm going to trial Shellac on Friday on myself to see how that compares.

I use Gellux which is a very similar product to Gellish. However I find it doesn't have as wide a range of colours as Gellish and a lot of my clients ask for shellac which I think has become a bit of a household name.

Might be worth considering when you do invest!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

It's strange, I have never been asked for Shellac and most people that I mention it too have never heard of it. And I don't live in a small village, I live in a big town.

I have always used Gelish, but am now trialling Cuccio and I'm thrilled up until now. There's a thread on here about it and there are offers on at the moment. Plus they have matching polish.

I swear by IBD just gel polish

I was looking around for a gel polish it has taken me months to decide as I am Calgel trained so was not sure to keep with their colour gels or go for a gel polish. I have just taken the plunge and gone with Cuccio they sent me a sample which I really liked. Dont get me wrong I like Calgel and still use it for extensions and overlays but it works out expensive for colours as you dont get as many applications as I would from a gel polish. I did get some Gelicure which seemed ok but if I were you try some different ones out to see which you like what one person likes there will always be someone who would tell you different. Take your time deciding as its an expensive decision and good luck .

I'm using cuccio. Applies nicely. The shine is unbelievable. I've had mine on 6 days and it looks as good as the first day I applied it, I've got a crystal in each nail that's still in place. I also trialled removing it just on my thumb today, took 10 minutes wrapped up then just flaked off. Had to scrape the residue with an orangewood stick and that was it. Highly recommend.

I really think that there is no one right answer to this question - there is no one best polish. That's one reason why there are so many, because they each have different attributes that correlate with the needs of different techs and clients. The key is figuring out what's the best polish for you and your clients.

For some techs/clients, a polish being hypoallergenic is their number one concern - so CND Shellac is best for them. For some, having a huge range of colors and effects is important - Maybe Gelish or IBD is for them. Fantastic education and training? Try CND or Jessica Geleration. Huge market penetration? OPI. Matching rnp? LeChat or OPI. Fashion forward colours? Artistic Colour Gloss. You see where I'm going with this. Then there's the shine, the longevity, the ease of removal. Then add in whether the product is cruelty-free or vegan, made in the USA/UK, whether you have an existing relationship with the vendor, whether they have a spa line, and of course, the customer service and the price.

Rather than figure out what others think the best polish is, figure out what you need your polish to be, and then find the brand that delivers that. It may not be what someone else would have chosen, but it will be what's best for you.

Latest posts

Back