Gel polish with acrylic bead to hold 3d bow ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlanta

Reaction score
Hi there hope this doesn't sound daft but I was wondering if I could do a gel polish then add a small bead of acrylic to hold a 3d bow onto the nail.

I did a set of gel polish last Friday and attached a nailzila 3d bow as instructed on the package (nail glue then top coat over) however on Saturday my lady saw me at a charity evening and showed me that they had come off. She said she wasn't sure if it was anything to do with water as she had been in shower.

The bows had removed the gel polish underneath if I remember rightly (was dark so didn't see properly)

Anyway I have said I will go back and sort them but wondering how I can get them to stay on. I don't use hard gel just gel polish but I do acrylic extensions so wondered if the 2 would work together. Obviously I know a gel polish will adhere to acrylics but wondered if it worked in reverse.

Sorry if I'm rambling hope you can help xx

The best was I find is - acrylic blob and pop the bow on then pack the sides with acrylic too so it's smooth and neat then I top coat with shellac if they've had that over the rest of the nail if not I won't always bother and 2 weeks later when they come for infills they are still going strong xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app xxx

I use a bead of acrylic to hole mine on, i also fill in the sides to prevent them catching- The last time my lasted 3 weeks!

Thanks you playboychelsea and Beauti-listics I will give this a go tonight when I go back and let you know how I got on x

Latest posts

Back