Gel problems HELP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailNurseTRACY

Reaction score
hi geeks

over the past 2 weeks i have had 2 new clients for gel infill

when filing off the old gel ( with a drill or normal 80/100 grit file) its not comming off easily like say IBD, Brisa, Pronails. Its difficult to explain but its like rubber and has taken me over an hour to remove and prep these 'PROBLEM NAILS'.

Anyway after getting down the nail beds were hurrendous, they were 'spongey, bouncy beds, and talk about dry and brittle. i havent seen nails like these after any gel thats been applied. when i finally filed some of the layer off they were mostle lifted and peeled away !!!

it appeared that both these ladies had been to the same place previously and they were using a NEW gel.

after this infill and on thier next in fill thier nails were in a better condition after using my own products.

ANYONE HAD THIS ? i am going to call the salon and enquire as a potential client as i was really concerned at the state of these.

the second client lost all her own nails and had to be replaced by tips as they just crumbled !!!

any info would help

regards

TRACY

I'm going to guess MMA

it's VERY VERY hard and when efiling, almost seems as if it's not coming off...
It would also account for the damage underneath.

Was there a fruity odor or cat-pee odour?

Wouldn't think it could be MMA if they were gels, right? Hmmm...
Michele

It also sounds a lot like MMA to me...

Are you sure it was gel? NSS often tell their clients that they apply "gel" while thay are in fact using L+P.

If you do a search on NSS and MMA, you find mention of a common scam of theirs.

They'll offer acrylic at one price.
Then gel at a slightly higher price and claim that gel is sooo much better for the nail.

And then, either
A) apply the same mma acrylic with a uv sealant over it
OR
B) apply the same mma acrylic, BUT use it from jars labelled 'gel'.

Ask your clients questions about the application procedure and product that will let you know if acrylic was used... and you'll have your answer. (ie: was powder used? was it liquid or gel used - explaining of course the difference in viscosity'setc...)
Or, visit the place yourself and have a good sniff.
That will tell you, more than likely, right off.

Gel is gel consistency.. Can't really mistake that from a liquid, even the most runny of self levellers or glosses.

hth's

it seems it was def a gel as they were going under the lamp many times they said.

thing is my first lady has her own bio sculputure gel which she brings from uk with her (colour) then whatever they are using on top and underneath is the culprit.

no it didnt have that smell to it when filing

but i tell you i have never seen such dreadful nails before and it scared me lol

watch this space

T

i will find out the product over the next couple of days

hi all

the gels that they used that i couldnt file off were SERGIO ??

anyone else heard or used or us these ?

TRACY

I did a Google search and managed to find a site for Sergio Nail and I translated it. They almost sound like they are soakable gels but I can't find any reference to that on this site.

I am having a hard time posting the link to that site, I've had to edit my post twice as the URL doesn't work.

Google "Sergio Nails" and then you can pick the option to translate the page into English.

Laura

Latest posts

Back