Gel products when on a budget

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlotteD

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking to by a mylee gel lamp, and start promoting Gel Manicures.

However, due to being mobile, I can't afford to spend huge amounts on products; yet I want to achieve a good finish, and have happy clients. Is there anything out there, that won't break my bank card, but still looks good and lasts.

Thank you :)

Ink London is supposed to be good xx

I would second INK, or maybe Magpie Beauty? (I've not used the Magpie ones but got on well with the few INK I have). I would always suggest buying fewer of a better brand, rather than more of a not so good one. I have just added to my OPI gelcolour collection to take it to six colours; I qualified with OPI last year and only had two colours. Whilst it doesn't feel great to not have a full range to offer, it's helped me market myself to clients; I say I have an offer price on listed colours! (No need to say straight away you don't actually own others [emoji23]) if you have a potential client asking for a colour you don't yet have, you can weigh up the pros and cons as to whether it's a colour worth buying.. I just bought my last few colours as a client wanted either a bright turquoise or purple and OPI happened to have two on sale! Better to start small with a brand you're 100% proud of than to make a loss on a full collection you can't sell. X

I agree with struckbyastar.

Far better to start to invest in a decent brand and build your collection that way, than buying a whole collection of a lesser quality brand.

You are building your reputation as well as your client base; you don't want to jeopardise that before you've even begun.

I've used ink London and it is fab. There are better brands out there but as a starter professional one it's good. Beats some we won't mention on here anyway! [emoji16][emoji23]

Latest posts

Back