Gel Setting :-(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Impulse1976

Reaction score
Hi There,

What a nightmare i have just had. I was doing some twinkle toes today and the gel set in the tub and an my brush too and it set on the toes before going into the uv lamp.

Is this to do with the humid weather as i felt awful as she wanted me to carry on so i had to bodge it. Going back next week to remove and re-do though as i wasnt happy with the end result.

Has anyone else had any issues with gel and the heat?

I did my own last night and the gel was fine and they look good.

Thanks

Sam

Ooooerrrr ! Never heard of this happening !

I did a client today in my conservatory and had no problems with the heat.

Were you sat in direct sunlight? maybe thats what caused it?

Sorry I cant help more, but hope someone comes along o help you soon :)

Its the UV that sets it, I was working under my window last week and left my gel open for a bit longer than I should and it started to cure, other than that was it too close to your lamp?? so that the light could get on it.... I think the heat just makes it runny... iykwim.... hth, claire x

Just the reflection of your white tub bouncing the light around will cure gels also. This is why some companies are moving to the black interiors on their pots.

I have managed to save some of the gel, the top had gone all hard so i have taken that bit out and underneath is ok now. I did leave my case in the car when i was in the hair dressers so it might have got a bit too hot and when i started to use it the sun has done something to it :-(

I dont think the heat will have caused it, the heat just makes it runnier, definatley the sunshine.

I would be a bit cautious of the gel that you saved, not sure but it may become contaminated if part of it cures, not sure.

it isnt heat that sets gel its uv light.
bright sunny days have a lot more uv light so you must keep your gel shaded. you must work away from windows and keep the lid on the put as mauch as you can. you can make a little gel shelter if you are having trouble from a small box with one side cut off . it will keep as much light out as possible but will allow you access for the brush.

Thanks for your advice guys, i am going back next week so hopefully second time should be ok - its a good job it was a friend :)

Latest posts

Back