Gel system recommendations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annie_doesbeauty

Reaction score
Hi
Just wanting a little advice on what gel system to invest in? I've just qualified and now starting to look at investing in a good brand. I was looking at Gelish (slightly pricey but don't mind paying if its worth it!) or CND but i thought i'd ask for some advice. Also your goto colours for french and neutrals and reds!

TIA
Anna xx

Gel Polish or Builder (extensions) Gel?

Hi Trinity,

Gel polish, sorry i wasn't clear. x

Currently, with the increase in nail allergies, i would look at ranges that are hypoallegenic and hema free.
There are plenty of ranges that meet these standards such as CND shellac, IKON IQ & Lecente.

If you go for CND, my clients love Nude Knickers or Beau as the pink, Studio White if they want a softer tip or Cream Puff for a strong white tip xx

With CND, you'll get the least amount of product break down that is not due to how the clients use their hands. CND Shellac can be very weak. On some it may last a week and others 14 days. You will need the CND LED light when using Shellac.

WIth other gel brands, you can get very strong adhesion, however, product breakdown due the product itself is MUCH MORE likely. So it doesn't matter how rough clients are with their hands. Also there is risk of nail allergy since these products most likely do not cure properly due to how the manufacturer makes them - there is nothing the tech can do about it.

Those are your two choices. They both have their strength and weaknesses. I would lean more towards CND since less allergy concern for the client but don't be afraid to use other brands. Because even though allergies are a concern - thats just the state of gel polish at least for now. Ive seen millionaire salon owners use off brand products and they still look very good.

I suspect that after the current situation, many more salon clients are going to be more demanding about sanitation and consider their health more carefully. This together with the projected doubling of chronic allergies by 2025, makes a strong case to offer hypoallergenic products.

Latest posts

Back