Gel toes and fingers after manicure and pedi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Dear All,

can I just ask you guys , is it ok to give clients a pedicure or manicure followed with gel nails ?

Its not recommended to apply gel after a wet manicure or pedicure as nails will absorb moisture and its not ideal for the longevity of the gel.
A lot of nail techs perform a dry manicure, then apply gel and do the wet part of the service afterwards.

I agree with Bel's Gels, it's not recommended, however....

It's a lot more convenient for me to do the pedi FIRST. I like having the water hot for when the client walks through the door and they can get straight to soaking. Otherwise I would need to stop after the gel, leave the room, boil the kettle, prep the bowl and so on.

Cuticle work is so much easier after soaking, so I find I actually work faster and get a much cleaner finish.

I never had issues with longevity working this way, but this may be because my system requires 150 grit etching and dehydrator. So those nail are seriously dry once I've prepped. I also keep oils and masks away from the nails until after the gel is complete

I've never had issues doing gel polish at the end of a pedicure. I always feel like soaking the nails after can cause the gel to lift quicker, especially as it's warm water x

I soak my clients feet for just 5 mins first, then I go on to do the prep then gel nails, then I do the rest of the pedi. X

Latest posts

Back