Gelcolor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggsyk

Reaction score
can any1 give me advice on this question ???? give 3 contraindications to a gelcolor treatment ,all ur help needed ,thank all x:o

I think my question is similar to this thread so am writing here,
I am a novice. Bought a UV lamp, regular base coat, top coat and nail polish by China Glaze. BOUGHT NAILS BY JM- GEL POLISH TOP COAT and followed advice from the beauty supplier store where i got these items. Also watched some videos and text on internet.
Know not to get any on sides of nail, or stick to the cutical as this affects lifting of the gel. Cleaning and light buffing and using lamp after the gel treatment, Best to use 2 thin application of gel top coat rather than 1 thick one.

The lastest way I did it 2 days ago was to clean nail, buff slightly and apply Gel Top Coat. (Did not sand nail as I just got rid of acrylic nails before starting with gel. Nails are a bit fragile) Then used nail polish and then regular Top coat.
The whole stuff just comes completely off from the tip of the nail on 3 fingers of each hand after 1 day. I small finger is starting to lose some as I just checked (My thumbs are OK)

Oh. Spray lightly after each coat of Gel with a cleaner- and brush off the tackines. Can see the gel is attached and shiny.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks so much for some help as I really want to be able to do this myself.
Whereas i have good base and top coast and nail polish - I do not have colored Gel Nail Polish and would like to use these products I have as they are not cheap.
But am willing to follow your advise Thanks.:sad:

I think my question is similar to this thread so am writing here,
I am a novice. Bought a UV lamp, regular base coat, top coat and nail polish by China Glaze. BOUGHT NAILS BY JM- GEL POLISH TOP COAT and followed advice from the beauty supplier store where i got these items. Also watched some videos and text on internet.
Know not to get any on sides of nail, or stick to the cutical as this affects lifting of the gel. Cleaning and light buffing and using lamp after the gel treatment, Best to use 2 thin application of gel top coat rather than 1 thick one.

The lastest way I did it 2 days ago was to clean nail, buff slightly and apply Gel Top Coat. (Did not sand nail as I just got rid of acrylic nails before starting with gel. Nails are a bit fragile) Then used nail polish and then regular Top coat.
The whole stuff just comes completely off from the tip of the nail on 3 fingers of each hand after 1 day. I small finger is starting to lose some as I just checked (My thumbs are OK)

Oh. Spray lightly after each coat of Gel with a cleaner- and brush off the tackines. Can see the gel is attached and shiny.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks so much for some help as I really want to be able to do this myself.
Whereas i have good base and top coast and nail polish - I do not have colored Gel Nail Polish and would like to use these products I have as they are not cheap.
But am willing to follow your advise Thanks.:sad:

Unless I am very much mistaken, as your profile doesn't state you are a professional, this should be posted in the consumer section.

Hi there di you ever get an answer to this question? Its baffling me too????

Latest posts

Back