Gelicure Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodbird

Reaction score
Hi I have been using Gelicure for some months now and really like the product however one of my new clients who is used to having calgel is having problems with it peeling and lifting after only a few days.
She came back and I soaked off the gel and re did them using Prep 2 on the whole of the nail this time. Her nails are not in great condition from her previous nail treatments elsewhere and she did have some ridges could this be the reason as I re did them in Vampire red and again after a couple of days they lifted.
Any Idea's My other clients have not had any problems. Also on average how long are your clients getting out of Gelicure?

Thanks for your help

Since you say that none of your other clients are having problems, I would say its down to this client not taking enough care. If she has been used to Calgel it will take her a while to get used to the different feel and flexibility of a gel polish. If her nails are very thin due to previous over buffing I suppose it can cause problems.

On a Gelish thread someone suggested two topcoats for extra support. I have so far tried this with Gelish (only today so I don't know the results). I've not yet tried this with Gelicure, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Most my clients get at least 2 weeks wear from Gelicure and the only reason for a renewal is growth. I occasionally see chips (always on the same clients) but never peeling.

I've only been doing Gelicure for about 4 mths and I love it! I've also experienced this problem but only with 1 person! Whatever colour I put on her it chips and peels within days. I was worried it was me or the product but it can't be because everybody else's last for weeks as Juicy Lucy says. I try to explain to clients that it will last for up to 14 days, and maybe longer but it is bound to be better on nails that don't flake and also if nails are very short and it's hard to coat the free edge then it may not last as long. I've got a few clients who started off with really short nails and just had Electric Touch on them and now on the 3rd or 4th application their nails look fab and they are having Grenadine and other dark colours now. It really is fab stuff and as long as you are doing your prep correctly and sealing the free edge with all coats, it should last without chipping.:lol:

Hi,

I have been using Gelicure since September and am loving it. I have only just started my business but the few clients I have love the results. I have one particular client who cannot keep anything on her nails, acrylics, overlays or Jessica, so I thought a Gelicure manicure would work for her. She told me she strictly followed the aftercare I had given her and from this gave the impression she was the ideal client who was serious about getting the most from her treatment but Gelicure had lifted/chipped within days. Totally frustrated and feeling demoralised and unprofessional I invited her back to discuss. (I had ran out of treatments and ideas to offer her and didn't really know what to do next). During this 'chat' she told me she was on numerous medications something she had chosen to withhold during our initial consultation. I had my laptop to hand and we researched the side effects of the medications she mentioned. Three mentioned that nails and hair can be severely effected. She has now chosen to keep her nails short and is aware that she has to keep them encapsulated with polish at home to maintain them. I was so relieved that I had done nothing wrong. It maybe that perhaps your client has withheld information, just a thought??

Thanks everyone, I will ask her about medication next time I see her she has lashes done with me also. It does make you doubt yourself however as this is the only client that has had this issue and the rest are getting 3 weeks plus out of the gelicure then I will have to just put it down to her nails.
Thanks for your advise everyone
:lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back