Gelish 6G or 18G led lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtsal

Reaction score
I've been using a uv lamp (4 9w bulbs) and want to be able to cure more quickly. I've had a look on the nail harmony uk site and was wondering do any of you use the 6G or 18G led for Gelish? which is better between the 2?

I've heard stories of clients nails getting hot! is this because it's a more concentrated light? I also read you have to plug them into the socket and not into an extension lead as this will reduce the power and curing. Is this true? unless they have extremely long leads I would prob have to use an extension. Any insight would be very appreciated.

I use the 18G lamp and LOVE IT! I can't compare it to the 6G though as I was using UV before.

My nails sometimes feel a bit hot, but none of my clients have mentioned anything.

I have the 18g. The main advantage over other Harmony lamps is that the 18g is five finger. I have never had a client complain about heat.

Apparently, according to other things I have read, they do not recommend connecting your lamp via an extension lead.

I've been using a uv lamp (4 9w bulbs) and want to be able to cure more quickly. I've had a look on the nail harmony uk site and was wondering do any of you use the 6G or 18G led for Gelish? which is better between the 2?

I've heard stories of clients nails getting hot! is this because it's a more concentrated light? I also read you have to plug them into the socket and not into an extension lead as this will reduce the power and curing. Is this true? unless they have extremely long leads I would prob have to use an extension. Any insight would be very appreciated.

I have the 18g (also the OPI GelColor LED) and I love it. Here in the US, the 6g can be had for $249 and the 18g for $325. For the difference in price between the 6g and the 18g, I think it's worth going for broke (!) and getting the 18g and its five-finger, 30 second cure. LED light does give a much faster cure than CFL UV lights, and that does generate some heat. It was a bit disconcerting the first few times I did it. But heat spikes are also a result of a too thick application, so I have worked hard to apply it thin. I don't get heat spikes when the application is thin. The cord on my 18g is long - close to 9 ft. and it has a transformer block in it, so I've not had to use an extension cord.

18g definately. We have both the 5 finger cure of the 18g is just much easier

Thanks everyone that's really helpful. I think I'll go for the 18G and make sure to avoid heat spikes!

Latest posts

Back