Gelish-advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlea79

Reaction score
Hi recently trained in gelish and an having a problem with some if the polishs shrinking back as I am painting them on?

Wondering if its something im doing wrong or if anyone has any tips.

Thanks marie

The client may have cream or oil on their hands, under the free edge, so minimal you obviously can't see if. Get them to wash their hands in the sink with a non oil based soap and scrub their nails before service.

I had the same problem with a few clients and they admitted to being body lotion and hand cream fans.

Hope this works for you.

Hi,
Are you dry brushing after curing your foundation?
x

So strange I have just got home after going to a friends and practicing tonight and the exact same thing happened it was coming away from the free edge before I had got to the last finger. Thought it was very odd then she said she had put lotion on before I came which I guessed must have caused it although did cleanse nail and use the dehydrator before. Anyway lesson learnt will make sure client hasn't used any hand products!! :)

What colour is it? Some of my heavily pigmented colours (the really dark ones) seem to do this like Bella's vamp. Flash curing is the only thing that solves it xx

You need to apply the ph bond under the free edge too, not just on the nail plate. Also, you can flash cure each nail as you go if you are uncertain. Some colours have more of a tendency to shrink than others.

Ive had it happen with 3 different colours but it hasnt happened everytime with all of them. Bellas vampire both times I used it. The other 2 where the purple glow one and oh my blue (soz cant remember proper names lol). With these 2 ive used them twice and its only shrunk back once.

If they have used creams is washing their hands while I am their sufficient to solve the issue?

Thanks x

Ive had it happen with 3 different colours but it hasnt happened everytime with all of them. Bellas vampire both times I used it. The other 2 where the purple glow one and oh my blue (soz cant remember proper names lol). With these 2 ive used them twice and its only shrunk back once.

If they have used creams is washing their hands while I am their sufficient to solve the issue?

Thanks x

Get them to scrub under the free edge with a nail brush.

Don't forget you can contact your educator for help, Nail Harmony pride themselves in having a super support team of educators for us Gelish ladies.

Do you dry brush your foundation?

Yes dry brushed. My trainer is away at the moment and I have clients booked in so just thought you guys may be able to offer some tips. Will be contacting her when she gets back.

Thanks

In my experience, this happens when the application of the base coat is too thick. What happens is that there is a thicker inhibition layer and the color coat "floats" on the base coat instead of grabbing. It tends to get worse with each successive layer and is especially bad with dark, opaque colors. Try applying the base thinner, even using a gel brush to "scrub" it into the nail. You can also try dry brushing as well since that also removes excess inhibition layer.

Yes dry brushed. My trainer is away at the moment and I have clients booked in so just thought you guys may be able to offer some tips. Will be contacting her when she gets back.

Thanks

You can email Jan and ask to be added to the FB page. There is always someone on there

Latest posts

Back