Gelish cure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smuff

Reaction score
Hi all you gelish fans out there. Here's a quick question for you. Can you cure gelish in a normal UV lamp. And is the 18 g LED big enough to cure the whole hand.

Hi Gelish cures in a 36w UV lamp but lakes a lot longer. The 18g is big enough to for the whole hand in, I have the 6g and u have to do thumbs separately but LED is definitely the way forward! Xx

I have a 36w uv lamp and it's perfectly fine. The downside is the 90 sec cure for foundation/2 mins colour and tio, instead of literally seconds with the Harmony led's. The 6g is currently on offer, I'm tempted!

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Thankyou guys for replying. Is gelish as good as they say, I'm so tempted by the magneto colours. Do you have to use the gelish base and top or can you cross brand. I do like to stick to one company but have a lot of my signature base and top. Has anyone used the gelish hard gel. Used the Morgan Taylor lacquer and it's amazing. Thinking of going all harmony. Xx

I love gelish, but to be honest magnetos are shelf sitters for me.

I was looking at the harmony courses just yesterday. The details on their brochure say that it can be cured successfully with any 36w uv but only with their LEDs.
I've been looking around at loads of brands as I'm just setting up, after loads of advice and checking them out from my own perspective too, I decided on harmony.
I bought magneto in the offer, hopefully that bit wasn't a mistake :/

I was looking at the harmony courses just yesterday. The details on their brochure say that it can be cured successfully with any 36w uv but only with their LEDs.
I've been looking around at loads of brands as I'm just setting up, after loads of advice and checking them out from my own perspective too, I decided on harmony.
I bought magneto in the offer, hopefully that bit wasn't a mistake :/

I would love to try them but don't want idol stock. Have to say a huge thankyou to you folks as it's so nice to chat with like minded folks. My friends and colleagues get so fed up with talking about nails all the time. I've learned a lot from this site, far more than my courses have taught me. Trial and error is the only way to learn. Xx

Is it a has been kind of thing like crackle. Xx

They are lovely metal colours on their own and I wear them myself, but clients don't seem interested.

They are lovely metal colours on their own and I wear them myself, but clients don't seem interested.

What's the coverage like with the gelish colours.

Those particular ones are great...most colours are great, 2 coats, but there are a couple I avoid now or use for nail art Stand Out being one of them....I told nail harmony about it shrinking and was told it needed to be super thinly applied, have never managed that obviously as it still shrinks, although I've now started using it as a base under the new trends glittery red, works fine.

I have a 36w uv lamp and it's perfectly fine. The downside is the 90 sec cure for foundation/2 mins colour and tio, instead of literally seconds with the Harmony led's. The 6g is currently on offer, I'm tempted!

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Just to let you know hun, will save you a little time, foundation is only 60 secs cure with uv ;) I was told by JS from NH if over cured it can sometimes go like glass and 'can' cause chipping. It's the one layer that should not be cured for longer than recommend ;)

Xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Those particular ones are great...most colours are great, 2 coats, but there are a couple I avoid now or use for nail art Stand Out being one of them....I told nail harmony about it shrinking and was told it needed to be super thinly applied, have never managed that obviously as it still shrinks, although I've now started using it as a base under the new trends glittery red, works fine.

With the ones that shrunk did you dry brush the foundation? I've found that helps a little, I only do it on the ones that shrink xx

Latest posts

Back