Gelish for cancer patients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey,

I have a client who has just come out of hospital after having surgery for bowel cancer. She is due to start chemotherapy soon and wanted Gelish on her toes. I have advised her that due to the chemo the gelish may be affected as it will probably effect her nails. Has anyone else had clients who have gelish whilst being treated for cancer?

Thanks

Not sure if Gelish will react with the chemo but I do know that hospitals tend to not appriciate it when people come in for certain treatments/ procedures with nail polish/ gel on. Not sure if this was one of them. My mom was forced to remove her gel polish by the nurses once. They have acetone there for them to remove with so lucky I was there.

Not sure if Gelish will react with the chemo but I do know that hospitals tend to not appriciate it when people come in for certain treatments/ procedures with nail polish/ gel on. Not sure if this was one of them. My mom was forced to remove her gel polish by the nurses once. They have acetone there for them to remove with so lucky I was there.

Hello I have just had a close friend who has been through chemotherapy. She was told by the hospital before she began her treatment to get her fingers and toe nails Shellac treated with their most darkest colour. This was to avoid UV(from the environment) light which may react with the chemo drugs causing her nails to lift and separate from the nail beds. x

Hi I gave my friend who was going through chemo a shellac mani but it slipped off her nails after a couple of days.

Its unlikely that the hospital will object to your client having product on her nails, however whether they will last or not only time will tell.

It is impossible to predict whether the treatment will affect her nails or not - I volunteer at a local breast cancer clinic doing manicures for the ladies and you can have two women who have received the same treatment, one will have damaged nails, the other wont.

All you and she can do is give it go, but make sure that she understands there is a chance it will not last.

I don't have any experience with gel and cancer patients going through chemotherapy, but I know for a surgery situation hospital staff like the patient to have natural nails. It can be an indication of something else (although it's pretty clear what's happening in that situation) I would be inclined to get my client to get advice or an okay from her doctor.

I have a friend to has mesothelioma she has chosen to treat it naturally, no chemotherapy and very early on her husband really insisted that she have her nails done she used to have acrylic but now she has gel. Australia has the "Look Good - Feel Better" program it's all about getting these ladies to feel better about themselves.

Like moo moo said normally patients are advised to get it done in a dark colour to try and save losing them! Xx

I'm undergoing Chemotherapy at the moment and am pleased to report that I'm not having problems with Gelish, it's lasting fine with no lifting.

Latest posts

Back