Gelish Foundation brush gone funny

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautygeek20

Reaction score
Hey guys,

in serious need of help. So both my gelish foundation and top coat brushes have gone hard today. luckily it doesn't look as though the bottles have cured, was just doing my own nails by a window and the brushes literally went hard within 20 seconds. I have taken an old Orly polish brush and used that for my top coat, actually finding the brush to be a lot nicer to glide on than the normal brush, however the foundation brush needs to be small. I have a customer in on tuesday and nail harmony take 3-5 days for delivery for replacement brushes. Rang my local sallys and they dont have any in stock or any full bottles due to the vat free.
What can I do?

Has anyone used another base coat with gelish and it worked? obviously I don't really want to mix brands but having a bit of nightmare :/

This happened to me, but I always keep my last empty bottles of top and base coat should I ever need the brush because of whatever [emoji32] you could try and see if boots or superdrug have got any disposable lip brushes or something and explains to your customers what happened, I'd imagine if you used a brush from something else it would contaminate it [emoji37] x

When a gelish bottle gets warm (sun, heat etc) it can cure the brush with product resulting in a hard brush. Try keeping your bottles in a dry dark place. :)

That happened to me mid client! Right by her window and didn't realise how warm the sun was and basically was curing as it was exposed!

What about trying soak the brushes in gel remover? May help until u can get replacements.

It's a uv curing product, exposing it to daylight will result in it curing on the brush. It doesn't have to be sunny either. Can happen even on a cloudy day.
Try soaking the brush in a little soak off. Just make sure it's clean & dry before placing back in the bottle so you don't contaminate your product xx

When I tried to soak it off the brush fell apart, it broke down the glue holding the fibres in place [emoji17]

That happened to me mid client! Right by her window and didn't realise how warm the sun was and basically was curing as it was exposed!
That's what happened to me too, I moved my station from the window straight away! It was such a bright day! But I've had to problem on an overcast day too when I've been doing my nails in my house, just goes to show you need spf on overcast days too [emoji39] x

oh no :/ so do you think by using the orly brush in the top coat i have now contaminated it? It seems fine to me but will it go funny after time? I actually prefer the brush as it's much more flimsy to glide over the colour coats.

Yes it is really annoying considering i own a sunbed shop it's always boiling in here, if i dont have the nail desk by the door then customers will be too hot, and extra annoying that they didn't advise on this on my harmony course. Will blinds help? x

You might not be able to see if it's contaminated but it could cause service breakdown, lifting, chipping etc if there's something in it. [emoji20] maybe you could get some new replacement brushes from Orly for your next new topcoat if you prefer them [emoji5]️ you could maybe move your desk and get some fans? You can get nice black ones that look quite a at and are cheap? It would be nice if people could still see into you're shop and see that's it's busy and what you offer to entice them in x

Latest posts

Back