Gelish foundation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisole

Reaction score
Hello all, I have been using gelish for a litle while and generaly do feel confident about it, but i have had one issue lately of it peeling/breaking a tiny bit on just one nail at the edge, and this happened in a couple of clients, i do tell them that gelish is flexible and softer then hard gel so they need to take care of it well for it to last, even though i do believe it is not my fault it makes me feel bad getting a call 2-3 days later to be told something broke, anyway, i was thinking if i apply 2 coats of foundation gel to every set of gelish. because i dont think using structrute to everyone is a solution, will it make the nails stronger? or will making them a bit thicker possible make them less flexible and easier to break?

Hey

you have to make sure you prep the nail properly and then make sure the foundation layer is really thin and worked in over every bit of the nail, Thin is the key!!! as is tipping the ends. I think Two layers of foundation would be to much. are you brushing the foundation layer with the brush after its come out the lamp?

I am doing a good prep in my opinion (cuticle work, shape the nail, buff the nail plate, clean dust, dehydrate nail) and yes i do dry brush the foundation, i do not dry brush the color layers though, think this could be my issue?

Latest posts

Back