Gelish gradient/fade/ombré

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misskatemurphy

Reaction score
I have been trying to do an ombré effect with tiki tiki laranga and shake it till you samba. Tiki tiki is my main colour with samba on the tips. My problem is that samba isn't showing up well at all. I've been using a make up sponge and have been dabbing on samba after curing two coats of tiki. Can anyone give any tips on where I'm going wrong?

This is what it looks like :-/

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340644654.111798.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340644654.111798.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 2,418
Some colours just don't cover very well... The neons are quite sheer, took me loads of coats to get the green over the yellow to a depth I was happy with. The candy land are much better for sponging it's just a case of finding the colours that work xx

Maybe try it the other way round, as underneath SITYS I use a coat of white because it's so sheer, I think Tiki tiki is more opaque x

I've found you need to use two colours that a fairly different to get a good effect. Things like princess tiara and night reflection or go girl and gossip girl work well. The closer the colours the less obvious it will be.

I tried with Shake it til you Samba and Tiki Tiki and it didn't turn out well either. I think they are colors that are too similar. Maybe if you tried with Carnival Hangover and Ooba Ooba Blue together you could see the fade/ombré since they are not similar shades... Then again, the blue is slightly more clear than the purple, so I'm not sure how well that would go.

Try with other colors and see if you can manage something out of them. But I definitely it the neon pink and orange from the Rio collection are too close/similar in shades to work out in this situation.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I was thinking maybe samba with you're so sweet from the Candyland range. Might have a play with that later

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I was thinking maybe samba with you're so sweet from the Candyland range. Might have a play with that later

That sounds like a great idea! Neon pink with a pastel pink!

I'd love to see what it looks like once you tried :)

Latest posts

Back