Gelish hard gel, please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor01*

Reaction score
Hi all, I use gelish gel polish, and u have done nail extensions with the edge gel, but they just ping off, I have seen gelish hard gel which I'm thinking may be stronger, the problem I have I can not find any tutorials on this and I'm confused what is clear gel and clear builder gel, what is the difference, and what is the punk gel for, I'm so confused, also new to this site, please I hope someone sees my post, also if u do hard gel nails could u possibly give me a step by step please, do u need to use all 3 gels or can I use just one hard gel over nail tips, xxx thanks x

Hiya
If you the extensions you are applying are pinging off you are probably doing one of two things:
1) Not prepping the nail correctly
2) Not building an apex and thus weakening the extension by not reinforcing the stress area
Without sounding harsh it doesn't sound like you have been trained to apt UV gel extensions, the reason I say this is because for years I attempted to do UV extensions on family & friends with the sand result and as soon as I trained I never had the issue again! I can now create a set of UV gel extensions in a itv 45-50 mins that will last a good 2-3 weeks until infills are required.
Don't change your gel, just go ona course instead, you really will benefit from it!
X

Thank you, yes myself I do on friends and family, but it wasn't a hard gel I was told that the gel I was using wasn't for extensions ie tips, I'm waiting on a course to come up, I have done so many beauty courses just not gel nail extensions as yet, is there anyone else out there who has tried hard gel?

Try Brisa which in my opinion is one of the best on the market.

Where do u get brisa and can I tell me how u use it, do u have to use 3 gels

Where do u get brisa and can I tell me how u use it, do u have to use 3 gels

To buy CND Brisa Gel you will need to contact Sweet Squared directly. However, they will not sell it to you without you first providing a foundation certificate for your hard gel training. The staff are very friendly and helpful and will advise you of the required foundation course if you decide to go with Brisa. Alternatively, as you are already using Gelish, speak with Nail Harmony about their GHG training if you want to stick with one brand. Just as kirsty.b has said, my advice when using any hard gel would also be to always have the appropriate training first. Otherwise you may go from one brand of gel to another and to another thinking that they are rubbish - when what you really need is the correct training to use the product in the first place. As you're not qualified in the use of hard gels yet you may find that Geeks will be reluctant to advise you on hard gel application. Here's a link to Sweet Squared, I hope it helps, and good luck x

http://www.sweetsquared.com/

Last edited:
I use Harmony hard gels - on myself, and I get on fine with them. You need to make sure you use all the correct products (It has it's own bond etc). You should be able to find a Gelish course near you. x

I have done a gellish course, but there isn't a course in hard gel

My local Gelish educator runs a course in the hard gel "GHG Gelish Hard Gel Beginners". If you go to your local educator they should sort you out xx

Nail Harmony do offer training in GHG. The Gelish educator who trained me also trains in GHG, Fusion Acrylic, Nail Art, etc. As you have already completed a Gelish training course, the educator that trained you should be able to assist you with any query with regard to training. Here's the link to contact details for all UK Educators. You will also see a link on this page to the "full Education Portfolio" where you will find information on GHG training and all other Nail Harmony courses x

http://www.nailharmonyuk.co.uk/education.html

Give your Gelish educator a call she should be able to help, mine trained me in Gelish and GHG 😊

Latest posts

Back