Gelish help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kopiaryyy

Reaction score
Ok so I have only been using gelish for a month or so. I did all the steps and then removed the tacky residue when I had finished curing the topcoat at the end. I watched a video on the gelish website when they did a French and they removed the tacky layer on the foundation layer as well as the top layer. Should I be doing this for color too ? Does it make a difference. I have a gelish booklet with instructions and I don't recall it saying to remove the tacky layer until the end. Can anyone who works with gelish tell me their thoughts???

Ok so I have only been using gelish for a month or so. I did all the steps and then removed the tacky residue when I had finished curing the topcoat at the end. I watched a video on the gelish website when they did a French and they removed the tacky layer on the foundation layer as well as the top layer. Should I be doing this for color too ? Does it make a difference. I have a gelish booklet with instructions and I don't recall it saying to remove the tacky layer until the end. Can anyone who works with gelish tell me their thoughts???

The only thing I do differently from my normal color application is I dry brush the base color before applying my white so it doesn't bleed and I get a crisp edge without having to go back and clean up.

The only thing I do differently from my normal color application is I dry brush the base color before applying my white so it doesn't bleed and I get a crisp edge without having to go back and clean up.

Thank you for your response. If you don't mind me asking, how many times do you remove the tacky layer. Once at the end, or do you do it after the foundation layer too.

I remove the sticky layer on the foundation gel if I'm using non glitter colour.

Thank you for your response. If you don't mind me asking, how many times do you remove the tacky layer. Once at the end, or do you do it after the foundation layer too.

I only wipe the tacky layer at the end. So once top it off is applied and cured

Once I have applied foundation and cured, I dry brush the foundation layer. I find this reduces shrinkage and colour coat applies nicely and smooth. Once I have applied TIO and cured I wipe with cleanse to remove the tacky layer.

Latest posts

Back