Gelish infills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

char1112

Reaction score
Yesterday I was doing a new clients nails (gelish on natural nails) and she said "Could I book in for infills on these in about two weeks, how much do you charge for infills by the way?"

I was never taught to do infills on Gelish, do people actually offer this?

I was a bit shocked, wouldn't they just end up really bulky or end up peeling more easily?

xx

I would expect she thinks its Infills perhaps mistaking it for enhancements? I would soak off & renew 💅

That's what I thought but when I asked she said "so it doesn't look grown out" which I could only assume (I know, NEVER assume) meant to just fill near the cuticle.

It'd still take me just as long because the Gelish still needs to be cured 2 minutes per hand under the curing lamp so I don't see a way it would benefit me!

I just told her I didn't offer infills because I just wasn't sure on what else to say xx

I was taught that you can infill by buffing off the shine and to level out. You then carry on as normal however the client can only have the same colour or darker. It takes about the same amount of time as soaking and starting fresh so I never do it. If you do infill, it is only recommended that you do it once and then remove the next time.

Hth

I dont really offer it but if someone asks i do it by filing over the top to take off the shine all over not just the cuticle area, then apply base coat all over and as if doing a normal gel polish...

I wouldn't infill any gel polish. It's not something that is built up, you wouldn't infill a regular polish. I'd only remove and reapply if not they can go elsewhere lol

In theory, you can do an infill with a gel polish. Personally, I do find that after about 2 to 3 weeks, the original application shows signs that it needs to be removed. I do get away with infilling my own gel polishes but rarely do it on clients, as it does not last as long as expected.

If a client wants an infil, give them infil. There's no reason not to. You will lose them forever otherwise.

If a client wants an infil, give them infil. There's no reason not to. You will lose them forever otherwise.

I agree. Sometimes a client just wants a change of colour, why would you turn that away? With competition the way it is, I think it's important to cater to your clients needs and not turn away what boils down to just a simple request.

I'd personally rather lose one client by not offering a Gelish infill and educating them on proper removal especially if removal is free with reapplication why would they not want that? rather than doing an infill and risk them looking bad and not lasting. Which could end up in you losing more clients. I've personally never been asked for an infill but as I couldn't be certain how they would look I wouldn't do it x

I'd personally rather lose one client by not offering a Gelish infill and educating them on proper removal especially if removal is free with reapplication why would they not want that? rather than doing an infill and risk them looking bad and not lasting. Which could end up in you losing more clients. I've personally never been asked for an infill but as I couldn't be certain how they would look I wouldn't do it x

I can assure you that mine do look perfect and they last for the amount of time that is required. Like I say, some clients just want to change the colour after 10-14 days, and some clients nails just grow so quickly that they don't like that "grown out" look.

Have you ever done a Gelish infill?

Latest posts

Back