Gelish layering

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

char1112

Reaction score
I'm having some problems with Gelish layering.

I've been trying a few tonight because everyone on here seems to be on about it, I've been so excited all week to try it out.

I've currently pulled out these colours:

Bella's Vampire
High Voltage
Sunrise in the City
Sheek White
Pink Smoothie
Carnival Hangover

I'm going to try and upload the pics in a second when I've taken some pictures but I was flicking through someones pictures on here and saw White and Bella's Vamp which made a gorgeous Lilac, problem is when I've put the light colours over BV, they've just not 'mixed' really. I don't know whether I should have done the light colours first then the dark??

Could someone give me a bit of advice because I'd love to be able to expand the colours I have to be able to offer even more colours to my clients.

Here's the pic, from left to right it's:

Bella's vamp + sheek white
Bella's vamp + pink smoothie
Bella's vamp + carnival hangover
Bella's vamp + sunrise in the city
Bella's vamp + high voltage

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382730697.832123.jpg

Opaque colours such as Sheek white won't work with layering x

Aw I thought I saw one with the white and bellas but maybe it was mixed instead of layered :(

So only sheer and glitter colours will layer over an opaque one then?x

Might it have been Arctic Freeze? I need to have a good go at layers too. I did Gossip Girl with Starburst over and loved it, but that's about as goat as I got :/ xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Might it have been Arctic Freeze? I need to have a good go at layers too. I did Gossip Girl with Starburst over and loved it, but that's about as goat as I got :/ xx

Goat? *far

I used Sheek White but I don't know what they used, it just said white so maybe it was Arctic Freeze I'm not sure.

All my glitter ones have gone really well, I was surprised at how nice Sunrise and the City looked over Bellas Vamp. I've only got 3 glitter Gelish's though so I'm a bit limited to what I can layer them over.

High Voltage looks good over Pink Smoothie.

I have Mint Icing but I'm struggling to think what it'll go nicely over, might just try any old colours out, I just can't see it going well over any colour but another blue x

Okay so after getting over my bad mood with layering, I've tried again. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385210570.395733.jpg

So I've got (left to right)
High voltage on top of sheek white
Hot rod red on top of sheek white
Carnival hangover on top of sheek white
Pink smoothie on top of sheek white
Sunrise in the city on top of sheek white
Mint icing on top of sheek white
Bella's vampire on top of sheek white

Okay so after getting over my bad mood with layering, I've tried again. View attachment 48673

So I've got (left to right)
High voltage on top of sheek white
Hot rod red on top of sheek white
Carnival hangover on top of sheek white
Pink smoothie on top of sheek white
Sunrise in the city on top of sheek white
Mint icing on top of sheek white
Bella's vampire on top of sheek white

Or from top to bottom even xx

I haven't tried any of the solid colours yet, but Black shadow with good gossip and izzy wizzy looks great, gives you a purple look on the glitter.
Deep Sea with Good gos and izzy looks great too.
Sheek white and Ambiance is good
Cocktail Party drama with good gossip

I need to have a play, there is a blue and a green if layered give you a turquoise which is lush, but i am not sure what ones it is, need to ask my trainer.

I haven't tried any of the solid colours yet, but Black shadow with good gossip and izzy wizzy looks great, gives you a purple look on the glitter.

I need to have a play, there is a blue and a green if layered give you a turquoise which is lush, but i am not sure what ones it is, need to ask my trainer.

I haven't got a huge choice of colours here, I have more but managed to leave them at my sisters house so I really need to get looking, never thought of doing glitter and glitter, might have a try of that :)

I got a great turquoise by layering ocean wave over radiance is my middle name x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back