Gelish or OPI gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MUA

Reaction score
what do you guys prefer?

And also I already have a gelish 5-45 lamp, I know you should stick with the same brand lamp and gel system but was wondering if this would cure it till I am able to buy an opi one??

Thanks everyone

Last edited:
That's very subjective; I've never used gelish yet trained in gel polish with OPI so my preference is obvious! X

That's very subjective; I've never used gelish yet trained in gel polish with OPI so my preference is obvious! X
How do you find the wear time of the opi?

I agree I love my OPI. I have a lot of nurses who's nails I do and they get anywhere from 10-14 days one gets 3 weeks I have no idea how! Lol

I have both and find that Gelish stays on much better but it's also harder to soak off so it's swings and round abouts with the 2 really and OPI is cheaper

I have both and find that Gelish stays on much better but it's also harder to soak off so it's swings and round abouts with the 2 really and OPI is cheaper

I found the opposite... gelish came off after 3-4 days... I get 14 days out of my OPI. Soak off was the same and gelish is cheaper due to the price for those small bottles

I love both brands personally! I definitely prefer both of these over CND Shellac. I think of all of them the Gelish is my favourite - personal preference really, but it seems to have the hardest/strongest finish, less flexibility, less peeling, no wrinkling or shrinking. Gelish always lasts well for me, at least 10-14 days on my clients. OPI shares many of the same qualities so I do like both :)

Latest posts

Back