Gelish over tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopkica

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used Gelish over tips?? And if so how long does it last?

xx

I Had a client who wanted tips with gelish and I advised her that gelish is not strong enough for tips alone and she needed either hard gel, acrylic etc. she only wanted them for 1 night so reluctantly I did them
(She knew my thoughts lol) and I used structure gel after applying tips then applied gelish.

She text me to say they lasted about 10 days however she was being careful with everything she did. Hthxx

I haven't done a full set like this but I try it when a client had broken 1 nail. She didn't want to lose the length on her other nails to make them match so I applied a tip & structure gel under the gelish colour. I'll be using Brisa Lite for this in future but it did last until her next appointment 2 weeks later x

gelish isnt strong enuf by its self, i have done it a few times,but have only lasted a week. if you want them to last longer,you need a hard gel then gelish on top.eg, i use nsi balance gel, then gelishx2 then tio :)

How thick did you apply the structure gel? Was it as if you were building an apex or as you would with a normal Gelish application??

Thanks Geeks xx

How thick did you apply the structure gel? Was it as if you were building an apex or as you would with a normal Gelish application??

Thanks Geeks xx

I was shown in training to do it thicker than normal gelish, more like as if you were building an apex x

I have tips on me atm and they're fine. Tip, structure gel + 2 then colour Jet set. Had them on for nearly 2weeks, no chipping etc still look fab:)xx

Latest posts

Back