Gelish prep question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missy1981

Reaction score
Evening everyone,

I started my Gelish training on Tuesday and we were learning about manicure. We practised using cuticle remover cream and then prepping the nail. Obviously using cream helps remove the cuticle much easier but then for Gelish she was telling us that we can just dry prep.

Does anyone use cuticle remover cream as part of their nail prep or do you tend to just dry prep the nail?

Thanks

Sarah xx

Evening everyone,

I started my Gelish training on Tuesday and we were learning about manicure. We practised using cuticle remover cream and then prepping the nail. Obviously using cream helps remove the cuticle much easier but then for Gelish she was telling us that we can just dry prep.

Does anyone use cuticle remover cream as part of their nail prep or do you tend to just dry prep the nail?

Thanks

Sarah xx

I used CND Cuticle Away xxx

I use CND cuticle away too, just deactivate it using water and a small dot of soap in a spray bottle after using it and thoroughly dry before doing your gelish application xx

Just dry prep for gelish and then cleanse before applying ph bond x

I use a diamond cone drill bit to gently buff off the cuticle tissue so that I'm not getting any moisture on the nails before gelish application.. Hope that helps!

Thanks everyone. It's a shame Harmony don't do their own cuticle remover. We were using "all that jazz" in training but I was told by one of the girls in our group that it was quite expensive. Might try the CND one then :) xx

I just dry prep too, I don't really find that there are many people who I would have to use a cuticle remover on? unless they've been a nail biter etc.

I also use CND cuticle away if necessary if they don't have much there i just dry prep x

Latest posts

Back