Gelish query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Struggling newbie

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I am wanting to buy Gelish which is available locally where I live. However they are wanting me to take an entire kit which consists of mostly things which I already have.

The only thing I really need is the Gelish lamp and the actual product.

I will also be doing the one day training. The total that it will cost me is over Rxxxxx if I took the entire kit. I feel this us completely unnecessary as I have cuticle pushers, cuticle nipper, nail forms etc etc.

I see it would be cheaper to buy directly from Amazon. I have been working with Gelish in a salon for a few months so am familiar with the product and technique. Any advice would be appreciated. Maybe I'm missing something.

[no trade prices please, thanks]

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you spoken with the course provider and explained that you already own some of the items, and would it be ok to just purchase the things you do need?

I have indeed. They have come back saying that it is compulsory to buy the full kit. The training and the matching lamp I can totally understand. As well as the actual gel products of course. But all the other necessities are hugely expensive.

That does seem a bit silly. Looks like you'll just have to keep them as spares, it's not a bad thing to have two of each tool, that way you can have one in sanitizer while you work on your next client with the new one. Forms will eventually get used. If they are insisting on the whole kit, there's not a lot else you can do but buy it.

I wouldn't buy it from Amazon for sure. I know that sounds incredibly intransigent and they could be more accommodating with you but Traveller is right, the cost is proportional, you'll have spares and stock you'll eventually use up.
Definitely do not buy from amazon, remember you get what you pay and there is a reason Gelish is a pro brand, it shouldn't be found on Amazon. You can't guarantee those are fakes and your distributor will not help you if those turn out fakes. Also think about product and customer safety, if those are fakes, what could be in those bottles?

I wouldn't buy it from Amazon for sure. I know that sounds incredibly intransigent and they could be more accommodating with you but Traveller is right, the cost is proportional, you'll have spares and stock you'll eventually use up.
Definitely do not buy from amazon, remember you get what you pay and there is a reason Gelish is a pro brand, it shouldn't be found on Amazon. You can't guarantee those are fakes and your distributor will not help you if those turn out fakes. Also think about product and customer safety, if those are fakes, what could be in those bottles?
Mmm good point. Didn't think of it like that. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet! Thanks for all the advice

Latest posts

Back